The "I've seen Star Wars Thread"

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUpride123, Dec 19, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think we are gonna get a lot of the stuff we are questioning answered in the next film. I thought it was done great because if it would have been a big character development movie and then action at the end, people would have been pissed, they had to make it non stop action all the way through to get people to not freak out, and then Ep VIII I think you will see more of the actual story unfold.

To me, it was basically a mish mash of Star Wars, Empire, and Jedi. Lonely soul on a desert planet leaves because Storm Troopers are after her, runs into Han and Chewie, leaves on the Falcon, learns about the force, has to go to big round planet killing machine, X wings save the day, one main character is killed, father and son show down and one falls over a chasm. Deflector shields must be knocked out in a separate area.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  2. LaSalleAve

3. LaSalleAve

Well nevermind

http://epicstream.com/news/Star-War...ty-Didnt-Actually-Spoil-Episode-8s-Big-Reveal

4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Just got back from seeing movie if you've seen the original then you've seen this one

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The first one is the only one I've seen. You would think after 38 years the special effects would be a lot better.

6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Don't get me wrong the movie was good special effects great, but it really is a repeat of the original

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Vader is his grandfather....it matters. He saw how powerful Vader was and what he was trying to do but also that Vader was pulled back and didn't finish what he started. Ren can achieve something more than Vader by completing the goal.

Too much character development gets boring. I want action. This movie worked for me.

My 14-year old daughter disagrees with you. I think it's great to have strong characters that appeal to younger girls. Far better than having a daughter who idolizes the kardashian slut klan.

TBTrumpet likes this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Ren turns a lot of the Jedi trainees to the dark side and they destroy the Temple Luke's guilt over it is what sends him into hiding.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I didn't see it as superior, he was momentarily conflicted.....and that was only the mental side. Physically, he is obviously superior and would have beaten her soundly if not injured.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

But who did Luke learn from? Obi Wan. How long did Obi Wan disappear for because he felt guilty? It's just another aspect of this movie that repeats earlier themes.

LSUMASTERMIND and LSUpride123 like this.