The hog aftermath

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Sep 24, 2023.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

We won! Yay! Clock management was stellar! I couldn't imagine how badly that waterhead we used to have would have screwed that up.

Now to the important stuff. I'm fairly confident we can probably move the ball on just about anyone.

But that defense...that thing is uglier than a bowling shoe. They best figure something out there in a hurry because Joey Freshwater isn't going to try and run it all game.

Where in the hell is that 5* Toviano kid?

65Grad and LSUTiga like this.
  2. geaux9

geaux9 Founding Member

If the Defense could play average, this team would be fine.

TBTrumpet and shane0911 like this.
  3. shane0911

The front 7 are fine. They don't have the talent to play man. If they are going to sit in zone we need to find a way to ramp up the pressure on the qb.

4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

They apparently dont have the coaching or discipline to play zone either. This has been going on since last year. The definition of insanity...

Basic D improvement lessons:
    1. DL/LB - That TE that just ran past you that you failed to block/chip, is an eligble receiver
    2. DB - If that TE or any receiver gets behind you, you have failed
    3. DB - Let the front 7 chase the QB. They dont need your help. Stick with your closest guy, sense the zone has broken down on scramble.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Never played a down of organized football but even I now that if you are a DB the guy behind you is much more likely to score a touchdown than the guy in front of you. Geez:mad:

shane0911 and HalloweenRun like this.
  6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I know I’m not 19 or 20, and I don’t have 100,00 people screaming, but I think I would at least know the scheme and what I should be doing. Getting beat on any given play is different, it happens, but appearing “lost” or clueless and not knowing where one should be or what to do is a real deficiency. Needs to be fixed. Fast.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Knowing what you're supposed to do is not important. What's important is that you have attitude. Here's our defense putting on a show during a timeout. Then Arkansas' offense put on a show.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Cxls8dHvr8j/

8. shane0911

Not necessarily. My kid was playing LB for the HS team and picked off a pass. Ran to the sideline and got chewed out for being out of position.

Many of these schemes are based on folks being where they are supposed to be and doing what they are supposed to do.

With that said I get what you are saying and agree

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

right now it looks like the only immediate help for the secondary is getting jordan jefferson more snaps…

maason smith needs to start impacting the game… looks really rusty, but needs to turn up the intensity…

qbs that extend plays will hurt this d. lsu doesn’t have the talent on the back end to play press, and losing 3 hurts bad, so pressure up front is where it has to start…

my .02

shane0911 likes this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm just from a different time, I guess, If I were coach, I'd have kicked those guys off the sideline and told them they could rap and dance in the student section. I want their minds on the game.

shane0911 likes this.