The Debate (October 3rd)

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

This should be mildly interesting.

I read that the Romney camp has some 'zingers' prepared (their words).

Hopefully it won't be a snooze fest. I want to see somebody lose it & go apeshit.

KyleK likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Fact checkers are going to be all over this debate. This is one time that Mitt better not go off half cocked with some Drudge or Limbaugh whopper. Obama doesn't need any home runs, just safe base hits. He needs to invoke his inner Bill Clinton and charm the ladies. The Slick One pulled republican women votes twice versus charmless GOP candidates.

Romney desperately needs to appear less wooden and detached from regular folks and avoid sounding like a used car salesman pitching a lemon. Obama needs to appear less academic and oratorical and avoid sounding like a preacher giving a sermon.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  3. martin

martin Banned Forever

romney could murder the debate and it would not matter. black people vote for obama and stupid women as well. nobody cares about any issues at all. the average person knows not a thing about policy and they vote based on identity politics and likeability. when obama was a likeable and articulate and ambitious black man his career as a dominant politican was sealed.

4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I expect Romney to come out on the attack which is high risk in my opinion. Like it or not appearances are everything in a nationally televised debate and if Romney comes off as angry it could hurt him, especially with women. If he is successful then he will reap the rewards. This said, if he fails it could effectively spell the end of his campaign. For a political junkie like me this is like Christmas Eve; I can't wait to see how it unfolds!

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Martin I can't understand your love for Romney, being that you are a no holds barred, bluntly honest person, I would think you would have some ill will towards this guy.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Romney is a dick, so he and martin have in common...

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Romney, in my mind owned this debate. But he was entirely full of shit. His shit just sounded better.

LSUTiga likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I appreciate the honesty. I thought he won soundly. I'm wondering if it'll be enough.

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Why is it that Obama is allowed to go at min 2:30, and most times more. Romney stops at 2 min EVERY time.

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

An I watching this on delay. Why are you all talking about it as if its in the past.