The Colorado Project

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 16, 2023.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

He obviously can coach. To what degree you can debate it, but its on the extremes just like Trump.

Except for me. I am impartial watching it all. Its glorious.

I dont know how you can take a 1-11 Colorado team and beat a well coached ranked TCU team and Nebraska and people still say he cant coach.

I have witnessed with my own eyes our coach coach his way out of wins. But hey, he has "titles".....

I am a stickler for these things. People use words very loosely.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

you're the least impartial person so far in this thread.
    Shane at least admits his feelings are personal.

A. please stop referring to Nebraska as anything special. they haven't even been mediocre for close to a decade now.
    B. I'd like you to quote my saying he's a bad coach. I've literally said (many many times now) that he needs to accomplish more. never said he won't. never said he can't. never said he was bad, below average, shitty, great, nothing. I said he needs to actually do it before getting the hype.
    C. what is your obsession with Trump? and explain how me saying that Prime isn't there yet is anywhere even remotely similar to anything related to Trump (for or against).

let me know when you find a coach that has never done that.
    I'll save you the suspense. he doesn't exist.

a stickler for what?

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Except, I haven't even talked about his coaching ability other than to defend him from the nonsense claims.

Who said special? You see how you add these extra things? They have in fact, however, recruited much better than Colorado over the last decade..... And have a much better record.... They have objectively been a much better team over the same timeframe.

What you specifically said was "can we not anoint him yet. But no one did. Again. More made up things. Imagine this, the media talks about a superstar player turned coach. WOWOWOW NO WAY BRO. Thats like, unheard of!
    upload_2023-9-26_19-38-11.png

I mean that like Trump, you cant look at any objective data. Everything is a character assessment. That is why Shane isn't really debating me much, but I understand his point.

True, he admits it, you on the other hand are just making up things when really you should just admit it too. It's not a big deal either way. This is a repeatable pattern I am well versed in with TDS.

For example, above you disregard his wins because well, not good enough? But again, based on the facts, Colorado was one of the worst teams in college football. Much worse than TCU and Nebraska. SO beating those teams obviously dont count, for anything apparently.

Oh, a few at LSU have. I mean, Chavis did that shit to us all the time. Thats just the most serious. I think every LSU fan would agree that any coach that goes to a prevent D in the 4th and loses the lead then loses the game COACHED their way to a loss.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

A few days ago I asked what was most important. You didnt answer.

Would you rank talent or coaching higher?

For example, could Saban win a national title with Primes current players?

Could Prime have won at LSU in 2019 with that same LSU roster?

Which one of these would be more likely given a Shrimp Boat Captain managed to do it in 2019.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

neither have I, but you keep implying I called him a bad coach.

you have twice included beating them as examples of him being a good coach.

Colorado has more wins and fewer losses than Nebraska over the previous 6 seasons.
    Colorado has been in the AP more times than Nebraska over that time frame.
    Colorado has been to more bowl games over that timeframe.
    Colorado has a top 10 finish in the CFP rankings over that time frame (Nebraska has never been ranked at end of season in CFP Poll over that time frame).

So please explain to me in what objective way can you say Nebraska has been the better team over that timeframe?

Skip Bayless whom you linked earlier in this very thread is calling this "The Greatest Coaching job in the history of College Football"
    here is a link so you don't think I just made it up.

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/play-6a37334dd000e3d

talk about?
    absolutely. of course they will. I mean it's literally their job to talk about him.

bring Gameday to an FCS game last year?
    bring Gameday to a game with a 3 Touchdown Spread this year?

the only thing I have ever said about his character or personality is that he is a genius at playing the game and marketing himself. even said he could teach a class on it because he's one of the best there is at it.

sounds like a compliment to me.

still waiting for you to quote me speaking negatively about him.
    and you're right, it's a repeatable pattern. I ask you to prove that I spoke negatively about him, you dance around the topic but don't actually answer.
    rinse. repeat.

I have not disregarded the TCU win. not once. who is making things up now?

Nebraska and Colorado have nearly identical recorded over the last 3 years (Nebraska 10-22 ; Colorado 9-21).
    go back 5 years and their records are exactly identical.
    go back 6 years and Colorado has the better record.

both fired their coaches last year because they were both absolute crap.

so sorry if beating Nebraska doesn't impress me very much.

I agree.
    which like I said, let me know if you ever find a coach that has never coached his way into a loss.

they all do it. some make habits of it.
    some find creative ways to do it.
    but they all do it.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I think it was Bum Phillips who said it best.
    a great coach can take his team and beat your team.
    or he can take your team and beat his team.

win a title? no.
    do better than the vast majority of coaches would do with the same team? absolutely.

I think a dead armadillo could have won with LSU's roster

shane0911 likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

To better clarify my position, I'm sick of the constant media coverage. So what, he's Deion Sanders. He won 3 games, whoo hoo! With a shitty team against other shitty teams. Played a real team and got Molly whopped! Will play a few more and get Molly whopped in those as well but the talking heads and 123 will keep slurping it down!

And miss me with that KFC commercial too. Virtue signaling at its finest.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I’m going to post even more now. Buckle up!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Post away, I can easily skip right over it

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Hello? Hello? Shane? You there?

[​IMG]