The Beer Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bud Lee, Sep 1, 2010.

1. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I just bought some Covington Brewhouse Bayou Bock and it is excellent.

2. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

It' all about the Killian's Irish Red. If I go anywhere and that is served I will get it.

3. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

After a bit of Jager, Guinness is awesome, otherwise, Abita Amber is good.

Anyone had a black and tan before? It's pretty good too.

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

two words of advice for you: firefly and lemonade. (ok two words and a conjunction)

had some of the covington brewhouse at the taste of tiger tailgating this past weekend. i enjoyed although i didn't think i tried the bock, it was something else but it was good.

5. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Was it the Ponchartrain Pilsner?

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

A Coors product for anyone that didn't know. Its okay but all things equal it is coors with a tint of red food coloring. Blah.

Jager = Awesome!!! I love it, no ruining it with nasty foul smelling red bull. Just drink it straight up.

Guinness= ok if you like syrup, I guess

What self respecting beer drinker has not had a b&t ? although bass by itself is pretty sh**ty IMO.

7. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Yeah, it's my drink of choice. I'm not much of a beer drinker, mostly because it doesn't do much for me (I'm a big boy), so I stick with stuff that gets me where I need to be without going overboard.

Haven't tried the bomb, and don't intend to. Seems too sugary. I also take it straight.

It's nice to have if you want something stronger. American beers in general, at least the overly commercialized ones, are too sour/weak to me.

Yeah, a friend of mine and I went to Lager's in New Orleans and he ordered the each of us one. I was hesitant when I heard it was halved with Bass, but was pleasantly surprised with the taste. He told me, though, that the Irish pub in New York where he first had it made it to perfection, as compared to the ones he's had here.

Gettin' thirsty...

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Why hasn't bayareatiger posted in this thread yet? He is the TF Beer Man

9. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

10. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

If anyone wants a link with a long list of recommendations, I have a link with a lot of beers. They are probably centered around the Northeast, but it was compiled with beers from all over the country and all over the world. They would always make sure to try out local brews on vacations. If anyone is interested, you can PM me since I don't really want to spam it. It's a Cuse forum post, but it's over 1000 posts so there are a lot of good suggestions.

One of my personal suggestions is McSorley's Irish Ale. If you like darker beers you would really appreciate it.