Texas Weather & Senator Ted Cruz

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by COTiger, Feb 18, 2021.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Remains to be seen. She raised $1M .... but has that $1M benefited any Texans? Show me the detailed list of things her $1M bought?

On another note, of course the left wing media is going to preach Cruz is Bad ..... they preach every Conservative is bad. LIbs riot, ... it's a peaceful protests .... Trumpers storm capital, .. it's an insurrection.

AOC raises money, the will likely never see the borders of Texas ... she's a saint .... Cruz goes on vacation .. he is evil.

Jmg and fanatic like this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Exactly. I'm wondering who will actually benefit from the money. Are they going to put freezing people up in a hotel that has a generator?

3. TigersofGeauxld

TigersofGeauxld Freshman

The representative announced an attempt to raise money for five separate Texas organizations Thursday evening. The money will be split, according to Ocasio-Cortez, among The Bridge Homeless Recovery Center, Ending Community Homeless Coalition (ECHO), Family Eldercare, Houston Food Bank, and Feeding Texas are working around the clock to assist houseless, hungry and senior Texans in Travis and Dallas County, and beyond.
    Ocasio-Cortez, a second-term Democrat, said the money will go to help charities that "food, housing, elder care & direct relief straight to vulnerable Texans."

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Or they could spend the money to buy everybody a thermal insulated arctic parka.

5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

As a Texan, fuck Ted Cruz. My daughter doesn't have water, most of my neighbors don't have water and at least half the people I know went without power for 30+ hours straight. And this fucker takes a vacation.

I don't blame him for the weather, I don't blame him for this in any bit. But I expect him to be working on fixing the issues. Working for us in Washington, but he took a fucking vacation.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Would you have not lost power if he had stayed in Washington?

onceanlsufan and shane0911 like this.
  7. TigersofGeauxld

TigersofGeauxld Freshman

Maybe Texans would have more relief if Cruz had thought to help raise money like AOC did. She raised $1 million in four hours. Wonder how much Cruz could have raised...if that thought had ever occurred to him. Which it did not.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How do you know he didn't raise money or lobby for federal relief by phone or zoom? As for AOC it's easy to raise money when her puppet masters are putting it up.

9. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Rolan .. Cruz is doing all he can do. He opposes the war on Coal, which is the reason Texas froze. If Texas still maintained 40% of its electricity generation from Coal, nobody would have been out of power.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. TigersofGeauxld

TigersofGeauxld Freshman

Because he was too busy flying to Mexico.