Tariffs are bad, so I am told.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Ducks should stay clear of the flyway! Wasn't aiming at you 60d5ff7c28d9e9d16f0909bbe54279cf.jpg you were just at the tail end of the V and caught a couple of bb's, LOL!

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Nope it was an act of Congress that the executive branch administers. That leave Trump latitude to act.
    The constitution says treaties (NAFTA and other trade agreements are treaties) must be approved by 2/3 of the Senate.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No Kiki I just expect him to follow the constitution....don’t you????

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

my comments are not "letter of the law" but rather "spirit of the law" and in reference to using alternate means to secure an objective. I see them as similar in nature, both bypassing intention

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Oh boy very tiring. OK where did Trump subvert the constitution?

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Read it and learn. He hasn’t subverted the constitution, it’s that his “agreement “ with Mexico isn’t a treaty until submitted to and approved by the senate. That is 10th grade civics. Didn’t you take civics in high school?

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well if 2/3 of congress is needed to pass it than it's fucked. The dems have no interest in whats good for the country only destroying Trump.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That’s one reason why. All the noise Trump has made about the deal so much BS.
    Regardless treaties take time to ratify as they’re important to the future of the country and need to be fully reviewed and discussed first. It also fulfills the concept of balance of power that our founding fathers believed to be important to stopping tyranny. Don’t you think we should respect their ideas?

9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

shush, yur always quotin a bunch of them dead guys,.. when I wanta watch FOX n friends

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Nah...I want to see what these so called conservatives say when confronted by facts and true conservative thought. They ignore or don’t understand what it really means to honor the foundation and bedrock of our country and the ideas that make it great.