Summer time Beers

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by DallasLSU, Apr 26, 2004.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I think there has already been a beer thread...but I was thinking about this the other day....(For the Under 21 crowd, proceed no further!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: )

With summer's basking days on our heels, I was thinking of summer beers. What beer do you most look forward to drinking while sitting on your porch in the summer heat....

I am looking forward to some nice old Sunrise Weiss made by Victory Brewing Company...Anyone else enjoy the wonders of good beer???

Also, to learn more about beer, you have to go to this website. It's the most comprehensive beer-loving website I have ever seen. You'll also learn that there is some really tasty beer out there(outside of the Anheuseur-Busch(sp?) swill)
    http://www.beeradvocate.com

2. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

corona with a wedge of lime squeezed and slid right down the neck of that bottle. soooo cold and refreshing. :D

3. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Tecate it's cheep, light, and also good w/a lime. Sometimes when you drink beer in the hot sun you get dizzy and sick. I say stick w/the light stuff. Back in the day I would kill a 40 of cobra like alot of local New Orleans guys love to drink by the store, can't wait to get it home. I love to loiter.

4. DallasLSU

I think there is nothing better than getting drunk in the sun. You start sweating out the beer you just drank which gives you a different feel of drunkedness. Also, yes a lime and possibly a lemon for certain wheat beers goes mighty nice in the summer day. My folks have a pool and whenever I make it there, I love sitting by the pool with a 12 pack...nice....

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I like when when a chum comes back from vacation with some out-of-state beer and you can sit around and watch a game with something new iced down. Recent beers I've had in this fashion include Anchor Steam Beer from California, Iron City Beer from Pennsylvania, and Seadog Pale Ale from Maine.

Bring back strange 6-packs from your vacation and encourage your friends to do the same!

6. DallasLSU

Yeah Anchor steam is good....

The best thing, in my mind, is the "after-work" beer. There is nothing like a nice, good beer after work....Unless I plan on getting drunk, I usually don't buy Miller, Bud, or Coors of any kind. Not bashing those beers because I do drink them, but I guess I like the better, more tasty beer....Give me an Arogant Bastard over a Bud light any day of the week....

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

El Toro Wheat from Morgan Hill, CA

1997 Great Amercian Beer Festival Gold Medal Winner for American Wheat Style Ale.

Simply freakin' AWESOME.

8. ledfoot

ledfoot Founding Member

Sol is an outstanding Mexican beer, smooth and lite. The only place that sells it is Albertson's.

9. DallasLSU

Yeah I have had that stuff....

This is more of a winter brew, but I can drink it year round..any weather:

Fat Tire....It's excellent.

10. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I had a Labatts Blue today after mowing...great.

Heiniken is good on a hot day, and if I am budgeting it is BPR (when I can find it in the beer store).