Sugar still possible, even with a USC win

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigers, Dec 1, 2003.

1. tigers

tigers Founding Member

After a win over Georgia, we'll be #2 in either 6 or 7 of the 7 computer polls(Colley will be close)...Believe it or not, what will decide who goes to New Orleans will be the results of the Syracuse/ND game (ND favored by 2) This also assumes Boise St, who is favored by 10, takes care of Hawii. Go Orangemen!!! See Rich Tellshow's website...http://www.geocities.com/rtell/

(trivia...what other 10 Div 1 mascots' names dont end in "S"?)

2. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Orangemen
    Irish
    Midshipmen
    Cardinal
    Illini
    Wolfpack
    Golden Hurricane
    Green Wave
    Crimson Tide
    Mean Green

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I see what you're saying there, but I'm tired of hoping that someone else does our work for us.

I say take matters into your own hands, whip (not just beat, not just survive) Georgia and I promise you we'll get to #2 in at least one of the polls.

A #2 spot in one of those polls locks us in for the Sugar Bowl. Can we rise to the occasion and do the very difficult this Saturday?

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I am still amazed that people still hold out hope on the effin media polls. We are #3 in the AP. We are #3 in the Coaches. We will be there if USC and LSU played 50 more games and we both kept winning. It's just how it is and we have to deal with it. Hell even after beating up on a pretty good Arkansas team, we got no love. 4 Coaches and 3 Writers changed their vote.....Whoopeeee!

LSU beating up on Georgia, sadly enough, could be to our detriment. Georgia could drop so low in the media polls that they do not finish in the top 10 in the BCS.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Hey on that list of mascots names, how about the USC Trojan Condom? Because after they finish 3rd in the BCS to LSU, they will feel like they been f#cked!