Speckled Trout

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by Cajun Sensation, Jun 18, 2010.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Was storming like crazy. We didn't go :(

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Man, WAY too much rain to even think about specks right now. I was supposed to go to Chandelieur (sp) last weekend with my Dad and we got rained out.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

We have been killing the specs in the shallow bays around Madison in lower Terrebone Parish. People are also doing well fishing in Bayou Terrebonne just up the bayou from Sea Breaze.

Last Saturday we caught 4 limits of specs and nearly 200 white trout. These weren't your typical smallish marsh specs either. These were 18 to 22 inch monsters. That storm in the gulf pushed a bunch of larger fish inside.

We also did alright on reds and drum. Most of the red fish were in the 16 to 18 inch range.

tirk and Cajun Sensation like this.
  4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Nice. We are making a trip to GI on the 7th. Hopefully there will be a few left.

5. titoabad1

titoabad1 Contributing Member

We are headed back to Venice on the 7th as well. I look forward to comparing notes after.

6. titoabad1

Lots of small thunderstorms in the area kept us from Catching a limit yesterday. But it was the most enjoyable trip I've ever been on anyway. My son and wife were with us and they had a blast. We ended up with about 40 nice trout, 15 redfish and a huge sheepshead. Can't figure out how to upload pictures to my post from my iPad so I'll have to do that at work tomorrow. If anyone is interested in a trip out of Venice and is looking for a guide I highly reccomed the guy we have been going with. He has always been good at finding big trout but yesterday he was great with my wife and son. He even let him drive us back to the marina. PM me if you want his name and number.

7. titoabad1

8. titoabad1

9. titoabad1

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Do you want me to help you find some kitchen equipment to cook those fish on? :D