so the bruce jenner thing is no joke?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, Feb 3, 2015.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You've got to fkn kidding me, this thread has turned into a Kartrashian love fest?

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Or hate fest. Depends on how you look at it

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

All trannies don't agree with bruce. Nobody asked or appointed him as the spokesman for the cause. Many feel like he spent no time trying to really fit in to that society or to live a real tranny life.

"Vanity Fair’s glamorous pictures — shot by world-renown photographer Annie Leibovitz — which depicted Jenner draped in designer clothes against a multimillion-dollar Malibu backdrop had some transgender activists wondering whether Jenner is the right role model for their community.

“Trans women are feeling that the sexualized photos are actually a fetishized version of what men believe women should look like,” Tur said. “It’s an unattainable stereotype that will have a reverse effect on trans people.”

Jenner’s wealth has been the center of much debate among many in the transgender community who feel that her highly-stylized transition puts even more pressure on trans people who don’t have the limitless resources of the Kardashian family.

“Caitlyn is still very much kind of an out of reach Hollywood icon who doesn’t have to spare any expense to look absolutely marvelous,” said George Moll, executive producer of “Becoming Us,” a transgender docu-series which premieres Monday on ABC Family. “While I applaud Caitlyn, I think it’s glamorized to a point where it’s not anywhere near what the reality is for the vast majority of trans people.”

This is a sentiment that is also echoed by healthcare professionals.

“She doesn’t necessarily represent the experiences of the majority of trans people,” said Laura Erickson-Schroth, an LGBT health and public psychiatry fellow with Columbia University. “I think many are middle or lower class; they’re people of color; they don’t have access to necessarily good mental health care, hormones, surgeries — the kind of things that Caitlyn might have access to, being someone who’s wealthy.”

4. TwistedTiger

You know too much about trannies.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Just stop it already. The weird slamming the weird because they are not the right kind of weird is just too fucking weird.

TwistedTiger likes this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

23 pages and y'all have plenty of posts. I live in CA....a test on this is required for a driver's license. What's your excuse?

Bengal B likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you fail you will be excommunicated as a Californian

8. TwistedTiger

The only thing I know about them is that they are some seriously confused individuals.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Pray for me to fail.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They probably make you go live in Kansas.