Six year old killed by police in Marksville

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mobius481, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

But Few had no weapon. If no backup was there they could have planted one. The backup was there intime to see the shooting and be a winess

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

That sounds more like a movie. I don't think someone would do that in real life.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Is she an inmate? I haven't seen that anywhere. If so where was their son living? The boy went to school in Effie but Few lives in Marksville. I had assumed the boy was living with his mother but it could have been a grandmother or other relative.

Jeremy was out with his father at 9:30 at night. That sounds like Few was raising him alone and so took him with him.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You don't watch dateline? I'm not saying it's true and my wife watches a lot of ID channel, but it happens

5. LaSalleAve

It appears Greenhouse was stalking Few's fiancé and Few confronted him and asked him to leave her alone or he would hurt him. Greenhouse was Facebook messaging her and just showing up at their home.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That's correct according to reports

7. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

The definitions of first and second degree murder posted have been accurate.

Manslaughter would be first or second degree murder but is committed in the heat of passion sufficient to deprive a normal person of his usual self control. The classic example is a guy walking into his bedroom with a hunting rifle and finds his wife and best friend humping like rabbits. He shoots them both on the spot. There can't be sufficient time for the offender's blood to cool. So, in that example, if he goes out to the truck to load his gun there could be an argument that he had sufficient time for his blood to cool.

Negligent homicide is the killing of a person through criminal negligence, which is defined as a gross deviation from the normal standard of care shown by a reasonable person. An example could be seeing your hunting buddy with a serious wound bleeding out and you decide the best course of action is to crack open a couple of beers instead of getting him some help. You didn't cause the original injury but your negligence was such a gross deviation from the norm to be criminal.

red55 likes this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We must be cautious with information from family and friends of the victim and the shooters before investigators get a chance to check it out properly. There will be Facebook records and they can track his cel phone movements to corroborate. Friend of the officers are saying that they were great guys.

9. LaSalleAve

Of course they are. Blue line man, they could be villainous murderers and the some police would protect them. The Stafford dude was indicted previously on rape allegations from 2 different women as well but the charges were dropped. Mayor Lemoine was quoted in 2011 as saying give him enough rope and eventually he will hang himself.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If that's true Lemoine should have fired him. I was pretty obvious that he was unfit to carry a badge to "protect and serve" the people.