Should Larry Nassar be put to death?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 20, 2018.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Given that when these kids did try to say something, they were met with a “do you want to lose your spot” type of mentality... I’d say that it is warranted that she try to dig up every victim of this child molester and every cohort that helped him molest kids. I’m almost kind of surprised at how ho-hum you are about it, @shane0911. I mean, this guy molested 10 year olds and then had help covering it up so he could keep molesting them. And it’s because of this whole gymnast mentality of not questioning coaches and doctors. Pretty fucking sick. Also, the number is in the hundreds.... even if half of the victims are making up stories, that’s still over, what, 50 kids?

Winston1 and KyleK like this.
  2. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Don't assume everything posted here is how we really feel. Much of it is for reactions and screwing with people.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm not at all. Not many things boil my blood like sorry MF'rs that hurt or take advantage of a child. They ALL need to be caught.

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  4. Bayou Tiger

1985? I mean c'mon. If you've kept it that long... Is there even a Statute of limitations on this? Serious question.

If you're not willing to it your name in it you should keep it zipped.

Interesting. That is pretty vague.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jeremy-piven-accused-sexual-misconduct-214851064.html

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It's youth sports/recreation in general. US Swimming has had similar issues.

"Youth swimming coaches, many certified by USA Swimming, the sport's national governing body, have been able to molest young swimmers and then move from town to town, escaping criminal charges and continuing to victimize other under-aged swimmers, an ESPN "Outside the Lines" investigation has found.

ESPN found the abusive coaches, some of whom molested young swimmers for more than 30 years, avoided detection because of a number of factors: USA Swimming and other organizations had inadequate oversight, many local coaches, parents and swimming officials failed to report inappropriate contact they witnessed, and some parents, driven to see their children succeed, ignored or did not recognize what should have been red flags.

USA Swimming started requiring criminal background checks for its coaches in 2006 and those checks only screened for coaches who have been convicted of a felony. Andy King, 62, a veteran San Jose-area coach, pleaded no-contest last year to 20 molestation charges and is serving a 40-year sentence for more than 30 years of abuse. But King passed USA Swimming's background check and was arrested only because a 14-year-old swimmer in his care stepped forward last year and reported him for molesting her more than 100 times."

And youth soccer in England...

"At least 350 people have come forward to report abuse at the hands of youth soccer coaches in Britain over the past two weeks, the police said Thursday, deepening a child sexual abuse scandal that has engulfed English soccer.

The scandal emerged last month after at least six former professional players publicly said they had been molested as boys in youth programs. The head of the English soccer players’ union last week said at least 20 more former players had come forward, many of them privately.

The National Police Chiefs’ Council on Thursday said police forces had received a “significant” amount of calls since those first public revelations, and a children’s charity for victims of abuse said a new telephone help line it had set up had received 860 calls in its first week, 60 of which were referred to the police or to social services."

I've always been amazed at how many parents are willing to let their minor children be alone with a coach, teacher, after-school caregiver, etc. I realize parents get in a bind time-wise but there's never anything more important than your child's safety. Any adult who spends time around other people's kids should INSIST on being background checked, having another adult there to avoid accusations of impropriety, should welcome and encourage parents to attend and participate in practice or whatever. There is a reason why I was in the dugout every year that my daughter participated in softball. I saw some adult coaches behaving inappropriately. Only one in a sexual way and he got fired the next day, but also some who were verbally abusive and were unable to control their temper. Throwing bats around the inside of a dugout in front of 10-year olds isn't okay.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What about those idiots that let their young sons spend the night with Michael Jackson?

shane0911 likes this.
  7. Bayou Tiger

What about this the #MeToo? "Pound me too"???

Lmao Given the context, what a name.

What's next? Pound town?

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

They should have been charged with child neglect and endangerment.

el005639 and Bengal B like this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That's my apartment

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  10. Bayou Tiger

shane they just had three more camera hunters on Fox News. lol

#fingerblast

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    shane0911 likes this.