Should Jarrett Lee be given a chance to start at Quarterback?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TF Staff, Oct 11, 2009.

?

Should Jarrett Lee be given a chance to start at Quarterback?

1. Yes

69 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    17.7%
  3. Start or not, he should be given playing time.

103 vote(s)
    49.3%
  1. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I don't care if Lee gets a start but I am disappointed that he has not gotten some PT this year.

The concept that JJ needs to be given more time to grow at the expense of seeing other LSU QB's seems silly to me. The season is halfway over and we haven't seen much improvement. He seems confused frequently and his football IQ seems on par with JR. Lacking the rocket launcher for downfield passing makes this a bad situation

Lee was not groomed all off season as our starter last year. Hatch was but got hurt. Lee came in and threw a ton of interceptions last year until he got hurt. Very frustrating but do we really know what we have in Lee? Are we really sure that he has not improved on int? Are we really sure that he would be as confused and take sacks like JJ?

Not saying I want to bench JJ completely. But let's give some other guys (including Shep) more of a chance.

2. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Werd

3. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Yes, everyone remembers the pick-sixes, but I also remember when he got into rhythm and slung the ball with authority. LaFell was a beast last year thanks largely to JL's passing. Dickson had a great year catching, and the opposing defenses backed the hell off to defend the pass and Chuck the Truck made them pay for it.

We NEED a passer to step up and make use of our receivers. JJ isn't getting it done. I like his legs and his lack of mistakes, but we're wasting receiving talent with him out there.

JL FTW. No risk, no reward...as we saw Saturday night.

4. valve

valve Veteran Member

JL was the only option last year and he was not ready. Two years or more in a row with the problems in the offense should not be put on players it should be the coaches responsibility. Why are we having to LOOK to the sidelines for a play it seems it takes to much time and the other team can maybe see the call too. Why if one QB is not effective why wouldn't the coach try another at least for a series of plays?

5. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

Didn't something like this work with Marcus Randall? I can't remember who started but Marcus seemed to play better when he came off the bench -- gave him a chance to watch the game, get acclimated. I like this idea either with JL or RS or both.

6. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I'm curious why 23 people have said "no". Are you interested in seeing someone besides JJ or Lee or do you want JJ in there 100% of the time?

I think Lee should get some playing time as well as more touches by RS. JJ has not developed as I had hoped and looks very confused when everything doesn't go perfectly his way.

I don't mind giving the kid time to develop but don't want to waste this year and next in hopes he may be good for his senior year. I agree it's not completely his fault as the OL and OC have not played/coached well enough to keep the offense moving.

Even so he makes it easy for a defense when they know he can't run the option, stares down a single receiver, and will throw short of the first down marker on third down.

7. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

I can't recall it working for Marcus Randall. I do remember it working well for Tommy Hodson, arguably the best quarterback to play for LSU and the only 4 year starter at QB. Does anyone remember Mickey Guidry?

8. DwayneBowned

DwayneBowned Founding Member

My only issue with putting in Lee is what if he starts throwing those pick 6's again. Then what? You've destroyed Jefferson's confidence and Lee is terrible, pretty much ruins the season. If you stick with Jefferson there's a decent chance he will turn things around, especially if our coaches grow a brain and learn to use their #1 recruits Shepard and Randle. I still like JJ overall and I'd rather see him continue to develop, especially since we have committed to him so much already. If things don't work out with Lee, it will be disastrous, not just this season but long term. I think JJ will turn it around though and I think the coaches will stick with him.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I just don't see it. We have more than one experienced quarterback with more than one set of skills. We can play them both if it helps the team. Florida was the game that Jefferson needed to live or die by the pass. He died by it. We are wasting our receivers if they don't start seeing the ball.

10. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

:geauxtige