Season Tickets, Priority Points, etc

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Oct 9, 2007.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

It's time for me to make a point of getting season tickets sometime in the next decade. :tigerhead

It is my understanding that from mid-January until the end of March you can sign up for the annual application list. Once they sort through the list, it goes by priority points accumulated up to the the March 31 deadline.

I have some questions concerning the methods for accumulating priority points. The official documentation here is pretty confusing at best. What if I simply donated $1,000? How many points would that get for me?

Also, it is my understanding that LSU faculty and staff members get an exemption from the tradition fund on their tickets. Yet I read that one way points are accumulated is based on donations to the tradition funds. So how is that handled?

confused......

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The best way to accumulate priority points is to give TAF $100 every year which gives you 3 points. A $1,000 donation only gives you 1. Funny, huh? Apparently they make more money from a mob of $100 contributors than from a few $1,000 contributors. But you can use extra donations to add points and move yourself ahead of all the folks on your point level, when you need it.

LSU employees get their first two tickets without having to make a Tradition Fund donation. I've had season tickets for almost 30 years, and I make no Tradition Fund donations, but I contribute $100 bucks to TAF every spring to keep my priority high for bowl and championship game ticket opportunitiies . . . and to help fund stadium expansions, and tiger cages, of course. I have about 30 points, now.

Get started, things don't happen fast. I'm starting to think about applying for a parking pass, since parking has become a major hassle recently.

3. Carface

Carface What the...?

I'm a collegiate level TAF member (since I'm still a student). I joined with the intention of accumulating points while I'm still in school. I guess with my 4.31 points that I currently have, I can forget about getting tickets for next football season (after I graduate), eh? :shock:

I was able to obtain basketball season tickets, though. I was told that this will count towards my TAF and give me more points.

4. LSUGradin99

So if I simply give a $100 contribution to TAF right now, then I will get 3 priority points? Then 3 more each and every year after that I give $100?

5. areed7

areed7 Founding Member

I joined TAF yesterday and donate my $100.

Guess I'm last on any waiting linst.
    Here's to getting season tickets in 12 years...

:bncry:

6. LSUGradin99

Yeah, like I said it's time for me to try to get tickets within the next decade. Sucks to hear that I can't buy my way into the system quickly by donating more money. :hihi:

7. red55

Yep. But there a rolling 20-year limit. contribution over 20 years old will not be counted.

8. red55

Well, you can, probably. But it will take some major bucks.

9. mindy

mindy Founding Member

I think that if you donated $1000 you would end up with 4 (or 5 depending on what program you donated to) points at the end of the year. You get 1 point per $1000 donation to TAF or 2 points per $1000 donation to a TAF Philanthropic program.

After that, as long as you have donated at least $100 for the year, you would get 3 bonus points.

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I'm so in the same boat.