Saints' Sean Payton glad Orgeron is gone.

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Jan 1, 2009.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Our defensive players are horrible, especially the secondary. McKinzie is the only one worth a crap, the rest are practice squad material.

And your correction #2 proved my point genius. he didn't attempt the kicks as time expired.

And correct me if i'm wrong, but Payton calls the phucking plays. So no running game is his fault.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

bad thing about that is mckenzie is over rated as well. but i agree with you, you dont run the ball you dont win unless you have studs for linebackers, shut down corners, and magnificent safety play.

What gets me, is when payton calls triple reverses on 3rd and 1, and flee flickers, and wr passes, he just has to get cute. Plus, he drafted reggie bush, reggie f'in bush, the most over rated player in the NFL. The glorified punt returner. Pierre Thomas is ten times the running back bush is. but, since payton decided to waste a 2nd over all pick he is stuck with him. Mark it down, the saints will not achieve any more with payton than they did with Haslett. 1 playoff win.

3. longlivelsu

longlivelsu Freshman

You people are insane. Payton is the best coach we have had in a VERY long time. Just accept it and stop bitching. He is making us exponentially better, stop crying and accept that we are a legitamite contender now, something we have not been in a very long time.

4. sawyerc

sawyerc Freshman

McKinzie - IR
    Aaron Glen - IR
    Tracy Porter - IR

Yes, Sean Payton calls the plays. Those plays resulted in the #1 offense in the NFL you moron. The Saints use the short passing game in essence as a running game. Please tell me how a 5 yard run is better than a 5 yard pass.

Two playoff teams, Arizona and Indi, had less yards rushing than the Saints. Two more playoff teams, Pitt and Phil had a total of 100 more rushing yards than the Saints. San Diego had 130 more yards. That is 5 playoff teams who had roughly the same amount of rushing yards over the course of a 16 game season as the Saints did. You know what the difference is? The Saints had more total yards and more points than those teams did. You still want to argue that there is something wrong with Sean Payton's offense? I am now done explaining things to you. Go watch some water polo because you obviously don't belong in a football discussion.

5. longlivelsu

longlivelsu Freshman

Make sure you know your stats first. We only had 167 more rushing yards in 2006 than this year. Thats roughly 10 yards a game. Hardly a big difference at all. By they way, the Saints had the number one passing offense, and, as a result of that, number one overall offense that year as well.

6. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Actually yeah i still do.

Indy Colts 12-4 Record and in the Playoffs
    Ari Cardinals 9-7 Record and in the Playoffs
    NO Saints 8-8 Record and sitting at home again.

Those teams did what they needed to do to get in the playoffs. The Saints did not. To win the NFC West, you don't have to run the ball. Ari does not win a game in the playoffs.

Indy is a well coached team that does what it needs to win. If they don't run they rely on P Manning to get them points, and they rely on a defense they know can stop a team when needed.

Saints Rushing v NFC South Teams
    TB Game 1 -- 101(NO) - 146(TB) Saints Win
    TB Game 2 -- 44(NO) - 149 (TB) Saints Lose
    Atl Game 1 -- 105 (NO) - 112 (ATL) Saints Lose
    Atl Game 2 -- 184 (NO) - 99 (ATL) Saints Win
    Car Game 1 -- 115 (NO) - 143 (Car) Saints Lose
    Car Game 2 -- 50 (NO) - 234 (car) Saints Lose

Except for 1 game, the team with the most rushing yards, wins the game. If i had more time, i would do the rest of the NFC South games but basically -- you can't rush, you can't win in the South.

Also, I am all happy that we have the #1 offense, You think the Saints are happy they have the #1 offense and they get the rest of the season off. Who cares if they have the #1 offense, if they aren't in the playoffs then it is all for nothing.

1 person likes this.
  7. DownOnTheBayou

Good job Krypto!

But trying to explain to these idiots is a waste of time.

They're all about stats, not wins.

8. DownOnTheBayou

Since you all are consumed with stats, here you go...

Jim Haslett's 1st three years as Saints coach:

10-6, playoff win
    7-9
    9-7

Sean Payton's 1st three years as Saints coach:

10-6, playoff win
    7-9
    8-8

I think we can all agree that the Haz was a dreadful coach, but had a better record than the Saint's "best coach in a LONG while" in Payton for their first 3 years. And the Haz had nowhere near the best offense in football.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Wait, you credit Brees for our explosive offense but don't credit Payton for hiring Brees. Yet when a weak spot, Gramatica, you blame Payton for hiring him. If you're gonna bash him for hiring Gramatica, then at least give him credit for hiring Brees.

10. DownOnTheBayou

Your right.

Payton did good by bringing in Brees, no doubt.