Russian issues

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Mar 3, 2017.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Things were so very different then.
    The country was very divided.
    People were organizing protests all across the country against the administration policys.
    A large segment of the population distrusted the police and said really bad shit about them.
    We were having an ongoing discussion about legalizing pot.

I really appreciate the progress we've made in the last half century. Don't you?

Tiger in NC likes this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Must be our nature as red blooded Americans. We have to dissent about something.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I remember kids rubbing mercury on dimes. I haven't thought about it since but now that you brought it up where the hell did kids get hold of mercury?

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

You could get it out of old thermometers; but I think you could also buy it in hardware stores. Wasn't it used in some soldering techniques?

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't know. I tried to solder something once. I think I was trying to fix a leak in a radiator. The solder came in this silvery wire colored shape and when I touched the gun to it way too much of it melted.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Young "thugs" (not me - I was too chicken) would lift old school thermometers from science lab. Guys would be frantic not to lose the slippery mercury when they broke the glass.

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The HUGE difference, IMHO, was that the populace was so much more informed. I went to Jr. High in a small, southern conservative town. We had political parties for school elections. We would put little "signs" on our pencils in class promoting our candidate. "Go with Joe and the student reform party" remember it like yesterday. Most of these yahoo today take to the streets, based on a tweet or something.

Though I took my lunch, every day. I did organize a cafeteria strike. We probably had 700 students. Only three students (losers) bought lunch that day. Tons of food were wasted. The teachers and administrators went berserk. Our principal looked a lot like Hitler. He was hauling guys into the office all day. Since they knew I brought my lunch, no one ever suspected me.

Way up there on my life's achievment list!

Winston1, Bengal B and GiantDuckFan like this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So the FBI is investigating people in Trump's campaign for ties to and collaboration with Russia during the election. Michael Flynn was actually appointed as national security adviser when he was a paid agent of a foreign country. Don't take this to think I believe Trump is in league with Putin. He's not.
    Chaos reigns in the Trump administration. He has made some excellent choices (Mattis, Pompeo, perhaps Devoss and others) yet he allows really dangerous people such as Bannon and Miller to run rampant and twist potentially good policy (extreme vetting) into divisive positions that harm him.
    Making it worse is Trump's own bad behavior. Need I list the tweets, lies, poor manners that have put him and the US in a poorer position to do his job? It's amateur hour at the White House people and it's hurting our country.
    Hopefully he will get himself and his administration under control and begin the serious business of governance. Hope but don't see it happening any time soon if at all.

Tiger in NC, kluke and HalloweenRun like this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

All I am going to say is just like the HRC case, there is information that is so sensitive, we will never know the truth.

I do not believe for a second we have agencies spying on practically everyone in power. No doubt in my mind.

Trump isn't hurting anything other than exposing the closed door nature of our government and all the shitty things it does daily.

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Did you understand the point of my post? It's the chaos that is the Trump administration and how it will harm him and more importantly the country. The only thing he's really exposing is his incompetence.