Rex, do you call GW Bush your president?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by ikoikoiko, Jul 22, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

So, what? If you disagree with a judicial decision then it doesn't count? Maybe you could use that to free your buddy Edwin.

2. LSU MPA

LSU MPA Freshman

Think it will help?:dis: :dis: :dis: :dis:

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

So...How about those Tigers???:)

4. LSU MPA

LSU MPA Freshman

they are actually on tv right now on cox sports. LSU vs Notre Dame in the Independence Bowl when Dinardo was the coach.

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

That was a fun game, I was there. It was funny to see LSU fans running amuck the Notre Dame sideline before the game was even over.

6. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

Re: Welcome L-MPA....

is that just about every post you make?

7. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

SF's help has gotten me through many a troubled time....

Actually this has turned into a pretty good forum. Very small BS factor and quite humorous.....

2004 will answer 2 questions...
    Do the American people accept W's policy...
    and Do the Demos have the Balls to oppose him...?

8. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

Hey Twho...

Is this the longest thread ever...?

And do we give credit to Glory-gump or Rex...?

9. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Tony Blair may indeed lose (it's gonna be tight), but I think you have grossly overestimated anti-U.S. sentiment in the United Kingdom. Most of the common-sense Brits I've talked too on other political boards, pro and anti-war, estimate the rabidly anti-U.S. faction of the British voting public is no greater than 30%. And they are more than just anti-war, they are also rabid Communist multi-culti anarchist lefties, which means, as much as they hate Blair, the only electable alternative to Labour is the Conservative Party, and they HATE Conservatives (especially their leader, Ian Duncan Smith), who were more pro-war than Blair. The only electable alternatives in Labour are a few of Blairs top-lieutenants, who were all pro-war. The National Liberals, their favorite party, are too small and too left-wing to win a national election without forming a coalition with Labour, and Labour will INSIST on strong ties with the U.S. The rabid anti-Americans in Britain are still not numerous enough or poweful enough to engineer a split in Anglo-American solidarity. Anything is possible though. I know I was VERY SUPRISED and VERY UPSET when Canada didn't come over to our side. I knew Chretein was a jerk, but I didn't know he was that much of a jerk. Sad thing is, a lot of Canadians (maybe not a majority, but a LOT) supported the war, for humanitarian reasons mostly. Maybe when he's out of office, the Conservatives and the Canadian Alliance can take back power and we can patch things up with the Canucks. As for Mexico, I am just about ready to say SCREW 'EM! They are not helping us with drugs, with immigration, with the War on Terror, with securing the southern border, with stabilizing and expanding trade in Latin America, with ANYTHING! I expect an ally to act like an ally. With friends like Mexico, who needs enemies.

10. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Well, Tuwho, what is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular. Just because the "rest of the world" wants it one way doesn't mean that's the way we should go. At the end of the day, everybody's got to look out for their own interests, and it looks like most countries did exactly that. But don't forget, there were over 45 countries in the coalition of the willing, so it's not like we are going it alone, nor can it be construed that we alone are benefitting from the change in Iraq.

As for Canada being "moderate," I disagree. Chretein has overseen a disturbing lurch to the Radical Left in that country recently. But while Canadians were overwhelmingly against the war before it started, as it went along, their stance softened considerably. I was seeing other polls with anti-war numbers MUCH LOWER than 80%. And a lot of Canadians are sick of Chetein, especially in Western Canada. I think it's ridiculous that he decided to weigh in on a U.S. election in the first place, then pitched a fit and tried to jeopardize U.S.-Canadian relations simply because he doesn't like who is in the White House. I despise Chretein, but I still like Canada.

Speaking of which, a lot of the world's anti-U.S. sentiment is tied to W., as in a lot of people around the world don't like him, thus, they don't like the U.S. Now how Bush became Darth Vader to the world overnight I will never understand. And this started long before Sept. 11th. But I have never understood people who are willing to sever good relations and form a bad opinion of a country simply because they don't like who is in power. After all, Chretein won't be there forever, and neither will Bush, but it is VERY IMPORTANT that the U.S. and Canada remain strong allies. Both of them need to grow up and reconcile. I hope Bush is the bigger man and breaks the ice, but if he's not, oh well.

Oh, and I also remember very well the electrifying anti-war atmosphere in Canada. Like when a youth hockey team from Massachusetts was heartily booed cursed at, and pelted with garbage in Toronto. Real mature, Canucks, real mature. And you call us crass bullies?