Report: All LSU assistants but 1 or 2 offered to go to Miami with Saban

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by philter, Jan 2, 2005.

1. philter

philter Founding Member

Per Mike Scarbourough of Tigerbait:

2. philter

philter Founding Member

Says the staff will meet with Miles tom., but doesn't look good :(

3. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

This is really no surprise. The only way some of these guys would have stayed would have been to get the HC gig or some sort of promotion, reason to stay. The Saban regime will be wiped clear with maybe one or two, if that, staying behind. Can you say Trainer?

I wish the Saban regime luck. They will find the going a lot different. I don't know how much NFL experience Saban's people have, but if they don't have much, then all of them go in as novices with Saban being the novice HC. Talk about sink or swimming without the training wheels. I say MIA gives them 3 years, max, to show them something.

4. philter

philter Founding Member

True, but Miles is known for treating staff the right way. They were the highest paid assistants in the Big12, probably some of the highest in the country. Plus, many felt a lot of them didn't get along with Saban..kind of a tyrant eh.

Just disappointed Moffitt is leaving really, guess we'll start gassing out and giving up 30 pt leads in the 2nd half? Nah, can't let myself think that way until I hear Miles' DC pick.

5. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

If Saban does bring his Tiger staff to Miami, I don't think it looks like a good move. I don't know their resumes, but they seem short on NFL experience, except for Nick S. Seems like a very risky move for Nick. If I was a fan, I'd be concerned. With limited success early on, wolves will be out for assistants to be fired, especially coordinators without NFL exp.

6. Capt Fun

Capt Fun Founding Member

If Moffitt leaves, we should go after Tennessee's strength coach. He is another Gayle Hatch protege, and may want to come back home to Baton Rouge...

7. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Maybe one or both of Moffit's asst. will stay, so that all of the players regime's are left intact... hopefully one of them has had adequate experience under Moffit

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm beginning to get a little bit sore from Nick's refusal to use the K-Y jelly.

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Its a good move for the assistants because they can get a few years as assistants in the nfl, then move back down to the college ranks as a head coach.. IF they do well.

10. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Hey maybe Saban can also "counsel" the LSU sophmores to declare early so he can draft them?