Reality Check

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Pennsylvania, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Go easy on me

Barely 5-1 after a very soft early schedule....is it time to admit the Tigers just aren't very good this year?
    Clearly injuries have played a big part. We also expected a lot from Mett....and that simply isn't going to plan. And as for the coaching....well, it is what it is.
    Are the 2012 Tigers a 8-4/9-3 team?

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I can definitely see us taking an 8-4, 9-3 sort of direction. I was waiting for the Florida game to decide what I really thought about this team (sorry, Fishhead...)

No, we aren't very good--especially on offense. Our special teams are also "meh." And injuries are mounting quickly.

3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Unfortunately, 8-4/9-3 seems reasonable. I think on another thread StaceyO said this is feeling like 2008 again. I'm seeing that as well; I hope that CLM, the coaching staff, AND the team can prevent that from happening. This group will have to reach deep.

4. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Go easy on me

After the last two disappointing WINS, I was trying to stay positive going into the FLA game. I was holding out hope that we would be able to turn it on when necessary.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The Tigers may not be contenders this year, but they are still very good. If Carolina or Bama comes in here cocky and unready, LSU could embarrass them. It all depends on an offense emerging.

Winston1 likes this.
  6. Kino74

Kino74 Founding Member

I also was waiting on the Florida game and the South Carolina game will be the final game for me to see where this team really stands. After watching South Carolina dismantle a good UGA team, I sure hope this team comes fired up and the receivers can catch the ball, eliminate costly penalties, and have good Oline play or we may have a really horrible night in Tiger Stadium next Saturday.

Richdog likes this.
  7. Kino74

Kino74 Founding Member

And that is where the biggest disappointment lies. We were so close last year and had to overcome great teams during the previous season. With a new QB and practically the same defense and special teams, fans expected something great and not this rebuilding year we are actually having. Couple that with the same complaints many have had with player development and its no wonder fans are upset and seething with anger. South Carolina showed me they can play with anybody last night and what I saw showed me that Alabama would not have an easy time with them BUT South Carolina is a newcomer to the high rankings and I would not be surprised if they showed up flat from the emotional win of UGA, a team many felt would win the SEC East outright.

8. lsutygr69

lsutygr69 Founding Member

I am not buying this at all. At this point, the Washington game was the fluke not the other's we barely pulled out. This is just not as good a team this year and. Without the hand of god reaching in, I would look for a few losses ahead.

Richdog likes this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I hate to say it, but I think 9-3/8-4 would be a GOOD year for this team. Not in the sense of what fans expect because it's surely not, but this team looks more like a 7-5/6-6 team right now. We'll struggle to beat OM and Ark and may flat out lose to Moo U and A&M.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Do you need me to list all of the players that we lost from last year's defense?