Random Thoughts and Questions About Food Thread

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by OkieTigerTK, Jun 23, 2008.

1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Like everyone else has mentioned, quality steak does not require sauce, and I honestly don't think I have ever tasted a bottled steak sauce. Not sure we ever had that growing up. I probably eat my steak sans sauce more than anything. That being said, I have had plenty of "sauces" on, or around my steaks and do enjoy them. A nice red wine reduction, with garlic, shallots, and mushroom is always complimentary(but I love mushrooms), melted bleu cheese is nice, but the show stopper is truffle butter. In all honesty, fresh truffle oil is like something from Lord of the Rings - simply magical. But these all enhance the flavor of a good steak, they don't mask a lack of flavor, which I think bottled sauces probably do.

Corn on the cob left to right I suppose. I prefer it roasted on the grill, slathered in butter and liberally dusted with Tony's. The kernels virtually explode in your mouth.

Great thread Okie! :thumb:

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

And now, I want a steak. I need to hire a babysitter and hit Randy's Steakhouse this weekend--if I can convince my husband to drop $100 on dinner.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

im a giver, stacey.:grin:

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Be careful--before I remind you of TexTiger's Golden Girl comment again...

5. OkieTigerTK

kitchenaid mixers and casts do NOT get get along with each other!:eek:

6. OkieTigerTK

snickers ice cream bars and beer arent the best combination in the world.

1 person likes this.
  7. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

How come I never saw this before...those things are pains in the arses without a cast.

1 person likes this.
  8. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

Texas de Brazil/Fogo de Chao ruined me on ever going to any other restaraunt for any "slab" style of meat. If I'm not cooking it myself or going to one of those 2 places, I'm not interested. If I make it, I'll use sauce because I suck at it. If you ask for sauce at either of those places you will probably get stabbed, and rightly so.

I'm with red on the CotC....Left to right, 3 rows at a time.

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I actually enjoy this combination every time I play golf. A regular snickers and a Gatorade is hard to beat as well.

10. StadiumSalute

StadiumSalute It's Gameday!

Can't remember the last time I've used steak sauce. Probably not in the last 10 years at least... Agree with everyone who says good steak doesn't need sauce (although I do enjoy au jus with prime rib).

Corn goes left to right, then turn. Hardly ever eat corn on the cob though, except at crawfish boils.