R.I.P. Pontiac

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by PodKATT, Apr 27, 2009.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

that was me

and me.

nobody gonna mention their dad letting them "drive". seems like the worst place to be. any decent collision and you get killed by your father impaling you on the steering column

2. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

my paw paw used to let me drive in the yard like that.

my dad on the other hand, would go on a country road, pull over, and tell me to drive. i just turned 13 when that started going on

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Nothing was as fun as riding around in the back of a pick-up truck, though. Sitting up on the wheel well, of course.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

My dad took the 1956 Pontiac out to the big pasture and let me just drive all around until I could handle it. You don't often take a passenger car off the road these days, but those 50's cars had clearance, overbuilt suspensions, and big V-8 engines.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

im told a story of my dad letting me drive in his lap when i was about 3 and a cop pulled my dad over. just a warning though.

i got most of my learning though much later, starting about 12 i think, when my dad and i would go quail hunting. he'd be worn out by the end of the hunt, so id get to drive home---about 30 miles in the country of SW La.