President's Pardons/Commutations

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jan 17, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

All of them? So Obama can't have 1 moment? Trump does this shit daily. I would give him a pass on 1.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I think you misunderstood or maybe I wasn't clear enough. I can't even come up with a somewhat reasonable argument for letting Manning go. I'm 100% against it even with the court martial issues you outlined. I understand wanting to protect whistle blowers in some situations as it can be for the greater good but if that's the case, Obama should have set up some sort of feasible pathway for a whistle blower to express their concerns rather than release someone who gave secret documents to Wikileaks. I mean, Jesus Christ, can you do anything worse than some shit like that. 35 years seemed appropriate to me but only because none of the documents were classified above secret and military personnel indicated that no one was put in harm's way because of the leaks.

mctiger likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

More parting shots....

Right. I see so much behavior modification and investment going on in poor countries. Jeebus. China and other Asian nations aren't doing shit.

On Manning.....
    So libs say it's bad for info to be stolen and leaked from DNC operatives.....but the ultimate operative pardons the traitor who stole it....and the people get to pay for the traitor's dick to be cut off. 'Merica.

kluke and mctiger like this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Trump's not president yet. I'm fervently hoping someone will reign him in after Friday.....not expecting, just hoping.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Didn't Costa Rica get 100% of their power from renewables this year?

I don't think manning is post op. :eek:

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

But but but...... Julian Assange, who got a lot of info from Manning and published it was a bad fellow until he published info hacked by Russia to help Trump. Now he's all good.

Don't act like hypocrisy is trademarked by liberals.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'm not and I never have. I've called out just about ery'body. And here's the thing....with a little nuance, you'll see I called out the irony that in the end, cons should actually be happy because even though taxpayers are picking up the bill, Manning will get the sack cut. Shouldn't that be a good thing?

BTW, I don't see the right praising Assange. What they have done is welcome the information that proved what a cunt Hillary is.

''after three consecutive years of drought the country has had to rely on imported fossil fuels to generate up to 10 per cent of its electricity. The hydroelectric infrastructure it has developed since the 1960s "is a tremendous advantage but that is hampering us at times of climate change because of water availability", said Mr Solis.''

"We are trying to diversify the renewable energy matrix and put more geothermal, wind, solar and biomass into it so that if at a point in the future we lose more water we can be more significantly diversified."

As for that investment Obama was hoping to encourage? Guess where Solis went looking? On an inaugural state visit to the UAE in an effort to deepen ties between the two countries. Because they'll need solid oil prices to run those vehicles that will be assisting the building of infrastructure....the vehicles that are the biggest source of carbon emissions in CR.

Oh, and I said poor countries. Does CR even make the list of poorest 50? By household consumption expenditure, CR ranks 69 out of 168.

He will be.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Don't know if you were keeping up with current events the last 8 years but Obama has already been "fucking all ya'll", doesn't need to fuck us again.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Aaaaahhhhhh water dosen't leave the planet it just moves around climate fraud oh I am sorry climate change is not a problem. Climate change is a natural occurance on earth. Where there once was drought eventially there will be too much water. Spain and Germany have already or will give up this stupid reliance on wind and solar in the future.

10. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I could be wrong but it seems the location and terrain of CR, mountains sandwiched between two oceans, make wind a good thing to put in the mix. Texas now generates 15% of its electricity by wind - 3 or 4 times as much as nuclear . And that's virtually all in the plains with very little from gulf wind farms.