Predicting Trump's cabinet and other appointments

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Read the article all of you!!! He's not saving money he's depriving himself of the very tools that would help him get his plans (if he really has any) accomplished.
    No @Tiger in NC hes not capable of running anything but a small personal organization. He has no clue to what needs be done. Everyone gives him too much credit. He's cunning and had the gumption to take advantage of opportunity and weakness but he's playing it by ear. He always has.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Read the fucking article sport. It lists several critical positions including deputy Secretaries of State and defense. There are real numbers that give lie to your blather.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When y'all started talking about it I thought there were just a couple of hundred. Holy Cow! If there's 63,000 just in Illinois how many in California, Texas, New York and Florida not to mention the other 45 states and the District of Columbia.
    Is the president supposed to sign off on each new hire?

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Thanks for making my point.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You can keep calling him a failure, but the fact is our Generals are making much better progress in the Middle East, he HAS gotten things done with regards to North Korea (China AND Russia both support the new Sanctions on NK, NK is Now ALONE), and he HAS gotten our Job market moving in the right direction.

You have fake outrage.

My point, as its been, is you have to google to find this shit. Even then, it seems you just read the headlines and not the content.

From your link:

But virtually everyone who has a history with FERC agrees that the polarization around the agency did not begin this year. The agency’s long state of paralysis is complex enough that Trump is not solely at fault.

“There are a number of things that had to go wrong to put FERC in this current position, and every single one of them went wrong,” said Marc Spitzer, a former Republican FERC commissioner. “It’s unfair to put all the blame on any one person.”

FERC was set at the precipice of dysfunction by former President Barack Obama, when GOP Commissioner Phil Moeller resigned in October 2015 and fellow Republican Tony Clark followed him out the door 11 months later. Obama never nominated anyone to fill the two GOP-designated seats, in part because of Democrats’ larger political feud with Senate Republicans after Majority Leader Mitch McConnell blocked Merrick Garland’s nomination to the Supreme Court without any hearings or votes.

Two of Trump’s FERC picks, Republicans Chatterjee and Powelson, cleared the Senate energy committee in June, but without Glick’s nomination, Senate Democrats were unlikely to allow a delay-free confirmation. Once Glick’s papers came in, Democrats let them through on the last day before a monthlong recess.

But industry members spent the intervening months watching the clock tick while projects stayed frozen.

7. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

We're not talking about the guy sweeping up the floors. We are talking about political appointees that either head up major agencies or are management figures in those agencies.

8. Tiger in NC

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No doubt it was dysfunctional under Barry because that's what he wanted. Obama was opposed to pipelines and fossil fuels. The dysfunction served his purpose.
    It doesn't serve Trump's purpose does it???? If he were up to the job he would be focused on getting his good people in place to carry out his agenda. As I said this is but one example. He doesn't have any of the key people to get the Navy up to 350+ ships. He doesn't have assistant Secretary of State to help him and Tillotson carry out policy. I could go on and on but I'm sure you are trolling so engaging you beyond this is worthless.

10. Tiger in NC

So what. How is this even a point? Winston is right, you are nothing but a troll. Just because a few anonymous internet cowboys cannot list for you all the outstanding political appointees does not mean that we don't need them. I cannot over state for you how ignorant that makes you sound but it isn't surprising. You've applied that same failed logic to the Russia Investigation. Day in and day out your argument is that since no one on this board can name the exact crimes committed by Trump and his associates then the entire investigation is not legitimate. It's absurd. None of us know what exactly is being investigated but I am sure the DOJ and acting attorney general Rod Rosenstein does. Once the investigation is completed we will all know. But I'm willing to bet if the findings do not fit your narrative that you will create a new conspiracy theory as to why it didn't. In the mean time, it makes you look remedial when you keep denying that there is no smoke here and that all of our intelligence agencies are wrong and the fbi is just out to get poor Donald.