Panchos

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by macatak911, Dec 8, 2006.

1. UPTTiger

UPTTiger Founding Member

Re: Ponchos

The common theme here is that it was cheap. I went once to the new one and will never go back. At $10, it is no longer cheap enough to overlook its shortcomings. Plus the waitresses seem to be the same women who loiter at many of the 5-star hotels along Airline Hwy. The owners need to get a cart in the mall and just sell the Soapy Pillows.

2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Hence my "all classic Panchos quality :hihi:" comment. For the same price, you can get a burger at Outback or a decent poboy really anywhere around here.

One of the positive things for me was the memory factor. One researcher said of the brain, "Things that are experienced together are wired together," which is why many times when we smell a certain smell it will immediately remind us of a person, place or specific time. For me growing up, we were always low on cash, and it was our hot spot, not to mention a place where our extended family liked to go from time to time. At this point, I will only go again with family I used to go with. It tastes like my memories, as weird as that sounds. lol

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There are 5-star hotels on Airline?

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

that makes sense. i have heard that smell is closely tied with memory. and of course taste and smell are tightly intertwined.

i would simply like to reiterate what an absolutely spectacular place panchos is. there is nothing about it that isnt perfect.

did i already do a thread on death row final meals? i dunno. anyways, if i had panchos as my last meal, i would go out happy.

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Why is Pancho's listed under the "Good Eats" thread? It's like a TV dinner buffet feeding trough.

As a kid it wasn't bad because I didn't know any better. Most people back then weren't obese so you could find a seat and didn't have to fight for the last tamale.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Don't tell me you've never experienced the hospitality and ambiance of the Ritz Wood Acres Motel.

7. tru adam3000

tru adam3000 Freshman

I havent ate there in years.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Best first post ever. Someone who actually decided to sign up and add that he had nothing to add. Somehow this seems fitting that it's in a thread about poncho's.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

not eating at pancho's in that long is a real tragedy. we should all go there at least once every 2 years. it is good for your digestion to be tested and punished periodically.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

im pretty sure those people who use purel after every doorknob and what have you would projectile vomit out of both ends. eating a poncho may be safer.

i think they may be killing all the good bacteria on their hands. panchos will alleviate that.