Orange Draftdodger just insulted the service of 14000 active military patriots

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Jul 26, 2017.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Baw you SO stoopid

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I don't think the anti LGBT...whatever it is now, sentiment is as high across the military as Shane's estimate. I expect north of 50%, maybe well north. Maybe not. Probably higher in Army and Corps, less so in navy and USAF.

But as high as it is, not for the reasons you may think, it has little to do with any single individual, but more with the "overhead" involved. Just one more, non-mission essential, factor to deal with. Those add up quickly.

I don't buy "the chance to serve" bit. If you want to serve, with much greater impact, go teach in an impoverished school district.

I was out of the surface navy before women were on ships. However, my friends and classmates who went on to command at sea, have little good to say about the pregnancy rate during preps and training to deploy. Again, just another perturbation not faced in the "traditional" service make up.

Having said that, the term "friggin in the riggin" has been around a long, long time. Yikes.

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  3. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Hadnt thought about the pregnancies. Not saying I condone it but seems like a female in that place in her life would have access to a morning after pill- if they had that then.

4. HalloweenRun

Or if they do not want to deploy!

5. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Oh snap.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

[​IMG]

HalloweenRun likes this.
  7. HalloweenRun

Dropping a bar of soap in the Pentagon Officers Athletic Club (POAC) was a trip. Army and Air Force officers would kick the bar to a corner and pick it up discretely. Navy officers would just bend over and pick the bar up. Marines would not bother taking a shower!

Just sayin'!

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

As I said earlier, I don't think women should serve on ships or subs. Even in the desert there are issues. Rape statistics are ridiculous compared to society at large. And women tend to suffer PTSD at much higher rates than men.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Have you heard about the vast number of sexual assaults that go unsolved on cruise ships. Off topic but being cruises sometimes end up in different jurisdictions or international waters and causes confusion on who it should be reported to and often go unsolved.

10. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

They should have an internal review board and then make the guilty party walk the plank. Arrrr

Bengal B likes this.