On Tuesday I'll be voting ON FAITH here in Baton Rouge

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

These unverifiable DRE voting machines without paper trails are BULLSHIT... there is no reason to trust ANYTHING in this poisoned political atmosphere that can not be subsequently audited.

Trump will win Louisiana... to this state's utter disgrace.... but suppose we all had a sudden surge of sanity and conscience that changes that outcome by our collective will but that won't be reflected in our official results? Don't pooh-pooh the notion... it can definitely happen because THERE IS NO WAY for any of us laymen to KNOW that what we actually press on the screen for our chosen candidate gets tabulated in his/her column. Why should we simply take ANY manufacturer's word for the integrity of his machine when he, too, is a human with political biases? And when his software is proprietary and legally kept out of the eyes of voters? A single line of code hidden within that software could, for instance, change every tenth vote on a certain date to the candidate of HIS choice.... and YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW IT.

Here's a critique of the AVC Advantage voting machines that will be used on election day here in Louisiana:
    https://www.verifiedvoting.org/resources/voting-equipment/sequoia/avc-advantage/

Most people laugh in disgust at the picture of the man scrutinizing a hanging chad in Florida in the year 2000, as though it represented some deliberately antiquated and rigged system.... but what most people don't understand is that THAT system, with paper ballots that could be physically recounted after they were initially tabulated, was vastly superior to the integrity of elections than the secretive and expensive technologies which replaced it.

Now, this problem is not unique to Louisiana... it's ubiquitous in this country... across most states. Pennsylvania, for example, uses touch screens whose results are also totally unverifiable. Clinton will win Pennsylvania but I wouldn't blame any of you Trumplodytes who distrust that state's portion of our national election. Donald Trump is likely to say it was rigged... and THERE WILL BE NO WAY to prove that it wasn't.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Silly boy, those machines are the very reason that cunt is going to win

HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I didn't like these black box voting machines in 2004. I didn't like them in 2008. I didn't like them in 2012. And I don't like them now.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I have worked at the polls on those machines, as well as the old mechanical spring and lever kind before them.

They work fine. You can trust them.

5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

How would you know? Tell me, for example, how you KNOW that every nth vote is not switched by the software from Column A to Column B.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The same way HRC's classified information appeared on her private server. Fairy dust.

LSUTiga and COTiger like this.
  7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

He should have been around in the '50s & '60s.

LSUTiga likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

These "Do-overs" is a new thing to me. I had no idea some States allowed citizens to change their votes. wow.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Because the machines don't work that way.

Paper doesn't help anything.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Man I thought this was a thread about Rex coming to his senses and voting for Trump.

LSUTiga likes this.