Official LSU vs Bama predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 29, 2007.

1. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

Terry if Bama is just treating this a just another game then they are in for a wood shed beating. They better be as hyped up as they have been all year if they expect to win. I cann't see any team not getting up for a #3 ranked team coming in your house with the conference lead on the line.

The key to our struggles have been letting hyped up team stick around, there were several times in the KY game we should have put them away but those guys played their heart out. That's what kind of effort it is gonna take from Bama to stay close but I don't see it being enough.

2. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

You may wish it to be so, but you'd be better off just to let that fantasy go.[/quote]

So unlike any college football team, Alabama players are not given "bullentin board" material or other types of motivation such as videos and what not. This is where you are a bit mistaken. Just like any other college football program anything can be used for motivation. The word I hear from T town is that the players are playing for Nick and are happy that he is there. Will they have a parade or something? Probably not but to say there is no angle on this game as a motivator is ridiculous. I've seen what little things Nick used here at LSU to motivate his team. Nick always uses something like any other coach. You don't believe he's not letting his team hear that CLM quote about LSU's new rival? So I guess tidey bowl team will just have tea and crumpets and come out on the field with no emotion. Just look at some of the Bama posters here. You don't believe Bama fans aren't fired up for this game? If Bama wins LSU fans won't hear from Bama fans about how we took your coach and beat you with him? Am I saying there is more motivation for Bama players vs LSU players? No, but there is some and that is not a fantasy. Coach Saban won't publicly say these things because that's not his style. Get to know your coach. In '03 before the UGA game he downplayed the game to the media but in locker room he was saying something different. Just a side note, In UGA locker room they were using the fact that LSU fans were not respecting UGA(the mascot)this was written on dry erase board I saw. Any little thing to motivate the team.:thumb:

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The response was against the team being hyped up for Saban beating Miles. That is what I was saying was a mistaken thought.

The magnitude of this game isn't missed by anyone. They are anxious to get on the field right now. Fired up about it. But, it's fired up about playing LSU as a team...it's not fired up because of who is coaching LSU.

The focus of the staff right now is four fold. The ability to run the ball as well as stop the run. The turn over battle as well as TOP.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

All I'm saying is they aren't being motivated by beating Miles. That was your assertion. What motivation tactics are being used this week have more to do with your football team than who is coaching it. You should take that as a compliment.

Bama fans being fired up for this game has nothing, at all, to do with what is going on in team meetings.

FWIW, while I'm still getting to know Coach Saban I do know how he's approaching this game.

5. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Both teams may come out with some showing of coach support, maybe surrounding the coach and jumping up and down in anticipation. After the first few licks are passed, I think they forget about the "win one for the Gipper" crap and start to focus on the team in front of them. Close, I think.

LSU 17
    Bama 13

6. TC

TC Le Big Mac

If Bama holds LSU to 17 points, Bama wins, and probably easily. LSU is the better team by far. If the Tigers don't beat themselves with penalties, drops, and turnovers, they win by two TDs or more.

Look for the Tiger D to make a statement.

Look for Holliday to finally break loose.

Early Doucet comes alive.

LSU 34, Bama 16

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

LSU - 27
    Bama - 17

Close game until fourth then JPW throws a pick and we pick up an extra score at the end for...insurance. ;) Look for our offensive line to dominate.

8. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

No, my assertion was that it is a factor. Not the only one. But both sides would be motivated to play for a number of different reasons that just being one. Your first post stated that it would be an issue for LSU. I was just saying that it could be a part of either team's motivation. I never claimed or "wished" that Bama football team would be too hyped up just to represent their new coach. All teams prepare for the opponent at hand that week and not sooner. I don't believe it will matter that much but to assert that one team is not affected at all by pregame hype of any kind is absurd. Even Saban's teams here were affected. And Saban always likes to play up the underdog angle for his team also.:wink:

9. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

LSU 31

Bama 21

I had no statistical reason for putting this score together, just a "feeling" really. I think the Tigers will move up to the number 2 slot at some point before the season ends though...OK Loss or BC, both are very likely...question here though guys...if OK and BC both lose and the Tigers win out where does that put us? BTW, I really don't think Saban coaching Bama, is more of a thing for the fans rather than the players. I dont see Miles even bringing much of it up. Just winning this game should be motivation enough.

:geaux::geaux::geaux::geaux::geaux::geaux:

10. khounba

khounba Founding Member

:lol:

I'm on claritin for a sinus infection so I may be a little off today. But wouldn't LSU still win?

1 person likes this.