Odd years = easier, Even years = harder - would you change if you could?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BrettStah, Nov 11, 2007.

?

Keep odd/even year schedule as-is, or even things up a little more?

1. Leave the home/away scheduling as-is - Even years tougher, odd years easier

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. Even things out to make the toughness more balanced

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

So we know that most of our tough games are at home in odd-numbered years, and those same games are away games in even-numbered years. If you had control over scheduling, would you change things up so that the schedule each year would be more evenly balanced, or do you like having it the way it is?

(Apologies if this is a repeat poll question.)

2. clair

clair Rockets

not really. it's fine the way it is, imo...

if you look at the even-year losses, specifically in 2006, LSU beat themselves in both the losses, so it's like Miles always says, it will be LSU who dictates who wins the game regardless.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Tough call. Part of me would like to balance it out. Because having a home s;ate consist of UL-L, Toolame, a crappy Freno team, and Ole Piss can be pretty pathetic. Thankfully Bama is mixed in there to help out a little.

But if it were balanced, this year would not be as exciting as it is. Our home slate would have included Aubrun AND Florida AND Arkansas plus, thro in VA Tech.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I'd rather have it balanced. We could've played for the NC game last year if we had a more favorable schedule.

At the same time, if Auburn or Florida had been an away game this year, we very well may have 2 losses at this point.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I would like it balanced. On the years where all the tough games are on the road, its virtually impossible to come out with only 1 loss. On the easy years, you feel like it woulda been nice to beat a really good team or 2 on the road in order to get there.

Give me balance, please.

6. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

I'd keep it the same. We get a HUGE advantage in the odd numbered years. I think it's worth the difficulty we face in the even numbers.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I like having a rough road year followed by an easier road year. It gives good teams a legitimate chance to win a championship every other season. LSU has gone to the SECCG in every odd year in this century. Some good teams like 2002 and 2006 did well despite the rough even year schedule.

It all evens out, but I think the cyclic nature of the schedule has benefitted LSU by giving us legitimate title shots on an reasonable and sustainable interval.

8. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

As team strength changes, our level of "tough" road games change. I would like to see our schedule against East teams rotate completely. We play Florida every year.

9. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

Florida is LSU's "permanent" rival in the East - each SEC team is matched up with a team in the opposite division.

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I like having Florida as our permanent opponent. I would hate to give that up.

On topic, I like it the way it is.