Obama Obama's Abuse of Power Checked

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jun 26, 2014.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It's all political power mongering....by both sides. Republicans reacted to the President's SoTU speech when he said he would just start signing executive orders when he didn't get his way with Congress. This is par for the course for PBO, not a new tactic. The truth is that the trending of executive orders has been on the decline for decades.

[​IMG]

Keep in mind, that the President still has two years to go and at his present clip (the Federal Register now has him at 175), he would project out at roughly 230 executive orders, more than 2 of the last 3 Republican Presidents. Since Roosevelt, the 3 highest have all been democrats. Hell, Clinton hit 364 and the US was never at war during his administration.

I would be more interested in the actions taken...i.e., are these primarily administrative orders as in bureau/administration creation, or more actual governing by reducing operating costs?

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

That's a lot of words to say that you can't dispute the comic.

Tiger in NC and LaSalleAve like this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

A lot of words? lol.

How about this? It isn't correct. Obama is at 175 and working at a clip to eclipse both Ford and Bush1, coming very close to Bush 2. The trend has been downward for decades. Obama's number is neither bad nor good.

The comic is tantamount to showing someone's 100 meter dash time compared to others when they still have 20 meters to go.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Oh yeah. I forgot, nobody ever crossed the Mexican border before Obama.

Contained Chaos likes this.
  5. red55

Actually your graph does not suggest this at all. It is a rate per day in office. He is on track to have the lowest rate in 117 years!

In fact, your graphic shows that Obama's number is very good. To quote . . . "at his current rate of 0.09 executive orders per day in office, Obama is issuing orders at the lowest rate since Grover Cleveland."

117 years.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

your problem is that you are letting facts get in the way of a good story.

7. red55

My friend, that has been my problem since the age of four, when I asked my Sunday school teacher during a lesson on Noah's Ark, "If the whole world was flooded, where did the water go?"

Everything has gone downhill from there (no pun intended).

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What the Republicans have done is made it fair game to completely try to screw up a presidency at all costs, even to the detriment of the country and the American people.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

None of them left the gate open like he did- in more ways than one. Not only by his words but how weak he is perceived/is.

Also on track to have the most overturned by Supreme Ct too...or did he already surpass that?

You've been awful quiet. I expect more from you. ;)

Saw an awesome special about your bro's organization recently. Was proud of him. Must have been a lot of fun for you both. I lost your number when I got my new phone but wanted to text you to say that.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You need to think like the guys here- hit & quit. These hard-heads can't see the forest for the trees. Jab and move.