Nope, it aint Kiffen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by $TigerFan$, Dec 5, 2016.

1. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

No doubt about it now. We argued about it for years on how much Miles was handcuffing the OCs here. As soon as Ensminger took over we got all the confirmation needed to know Miles was handicapping the offense.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Why not take a look at Fleck? Bob was never even a dream, they can ask but he ain't leaving OU until he is ready, and he ain't.

The real answer is we don't know because we didn't look. We didn't even try.

StaceyO likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

We didn't need any of that to happen to know that but yes, proof is always good.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Do really want an up & comer from a mid-major? Like Curley (nyuck, nyuck) Hallman?

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I think this is spot on. LSU will probably never suffer from a Defensive standpoint. The Offense wouldn't take much to improve and Kiffin is more than capable of that. He can also recruit + develop QB's. It's his specialty.

I also think it's important to consider who would be willing to work for Oeaux. He isn't a control freak but there still has to be a good chemistry with him and the rest of the staff. Kiffin can fill that role....I think for me the only question mark is that he prefers the pass to the run and y'all know how to run the ball.

6. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

StaceyO likes this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Saban and Sark probably have very little interaction. Sark is a minion. I don't think coexistence is even a thing.

8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...tml#incart_2box_sports_oregonian_john_canzano
    Duck fans were excited about Fleck,.. Our football search group, not so much,.. their opinion was that he was all flash and no substance, or as it was reported, "All sizzle , and no steak". This in the "Oregonian",.. PJ Fleck of Western Michigan didn't get an interview, despite an agent who worked overtime peppering Parker Executive Search and trying to find a back door into this process.

Maybe Phil Knight or Pat Kilkenny, our mega-boosters, blackballed him, but the general conclusion was,.. he just isn't ready for the majors.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

LSU hired O knowing that Kiffin's word didn't mean anything and that Sexton was his agent. We knew full well that nothing is guaranteed.

didit, lsu_dane, $TigerFan$ and 3 others like this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Found a few interesting articles about OCs:

http://www.knowitallfootball.com/2016/06/16/top-10-coordinators-college-football-2016/

https://campusinsiders.com/news/top-college-football-offensive-coordinators-head-coaches-08-11-2016/

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-15-best-coaches-under-40-2016

As far as salaries, I'd think we'd be willing to pay top dollar which should put most folks in play:

Lane Kiffen - $1.4
    Mike Sanford - ???
    Lincoln Riley - $0.9
    Tim Drevno - $0.85
    Sonny Cumbie - $0.25
    Joe Moorhead - ???
    Ed Warriner - $0.65
    Sterlin Gilbert - $0.85
    Tony Elliott - $0.64
    Jeff Scott - $0.64
    Mike Bloomgren - ???
    Tee Martin - ???