No more tailgating if this keeps up!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerSac, Sep 10, 2007.

1. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I was out there Sunday visiting the new Mike VI while they had the prisons out there cleaning up the trash. The guards had them working their buts off. They were actually running them from place to place blowing whistles. It was pretty cool. At least it gives the convicts something useful to do on Sundays other than suck up tax payer dollars.

2. col reb

col reb Founding Member

They have already begun at OM. If you are consumming, ok. Some kind of weird rule now about "distributing" if you seem to be handing out booze. They are now "allowed" to check your coolers too. If you are in the stadium, your coolers must be locked and all alcohol put under lock and key. (I guess it is to stop kids from going into them and taking the booze.) If your cooler is under a table, it better be locked. They say university police can look in the coolers and if any alcohol is found, they pour it out. :eek: :bncry: :hihi:

If they do that to the wrong person, someone will "swear" that they helped themselves to steaks, Q, and such.:rofl:

3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

let's hold the phone on this.

our tailgating krewe was out there early and of course , we're there when LSU drops off the trash cans to the tailgaiting spots. our krewe usually on a heavy weekend asks for 5 trash cans which we always make sure our spot is cleaned up afterwards.

on saturday morning the employee dropping off the cans very rudely said (after i asked for 5) you get 1 or 2!!
    after i told him we really needed more in order to hold all the trash we will have, he said "i won't have enough cans to give everyone else".

this has never been an issue before!!!

this is our 12th year in the same spot and the 1st time EVER that they've rationed out trash cans. i knew midway thru the days were were going to have a problem.

at the end of the day we took the xtra trash and put it next to the garbage cans b/c we couldn't think of anything else.

i'll bring drum liners or bags for next week so we can put them next to the cans but tailgaters aren't all to blame, you can put a little on LSU too.

4. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

Did any of y'all have people giving you orange bags for recycling? A guy came up to us on a bike and said that all you have to do is leave them next to a trash can and they'll recycle them. I was glad to see that- I was also glad that we were able to help recycle.

5. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

we get the green recycle bins from LSU facility services, they come around separatly from the garbage. they're not very big but we actually got three of those (like we normally do) and filled them up.

the emplyee giving the recycle bins was alot nicer. i may call facility services about the trash can thing.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That is probably the worst area every season. I make it to tailgates all over campus each season and I am always amazed at the trash left in that area and a few others.

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Even after reading this??
    Even if it's not only prisoners cleaning up, why do you people hate giving other people jobs? If you clean everything up, you're putting people out of work. Nice job, you heartless jerks. Yes, sarcasm here before you fruitloops get all worked up.
    Only at Ole Miss. I cannot imagine the Rodney King-like riot that would ensue at Tiger Stadium.

8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Sure it happens... We also chop up little puppies, kittens, and small children to put in the gumbo we feed to the opposing fans...

In other words... it's complete and utter BULLSH!T.

9. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

Originally Posted by TigerBait3 View Post
    As long as alcohol AND YOUTH involved their will be trash everywhere.
    It is not just old people... Our tailgate at the Indian mounds was is run by myself and friends (no parents are involved in set-up or clean-up) and our tailgate was spotless. Even though there was not one trashcan near us (there were 3 at the tailgate next to us that were full by 130), we always bring garbage bags and most people at the tents throw it in the bag. If not, we pick it up when packing up... that is a small price to pay for having a great campus like :lsup: to tailgate on!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Simple...Bring your own trash bags...bag it up and leave it in one spot....or even better, take it with you...and throw it away along I-10 on your way home. :hihi:

Seriously thouhg...how hard is it to bring a box of thsoe lawn and leaf bags and bag your own? I'm pretty sure it isn't a problem to leave it behind as long as your ground area is picked up.