(Most Definitely NON-LSU) Why So Many Threads on Alabama Football Coach?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

What's next? A novella on Rich Brooks (another non-LSU coach)? An article on Muscle Shoals HS coach Curly Hallman's use of the Wishbone (another disgraced ex-LSU coach)?

I mean, WTF? I "get" the occasional article on something newsworthy, like Saban losing yet another another assistant or blatantly lying about leaving or not leaving his job, but the Saban thread or fifty a day we're seeing posted or bumped around here these days is just...strange.

It's not healthy to have a man crush on the Alabama coach.

Let it go. :cool:

2 people like this.
  2. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Let's talk about it and maybe it will go away.

2 people like this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's the off season and we'll talk about anything. Some sites just go dead from January to July, so count your blessings.

4. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Amen Red, you gotta have something to rant about. Most of us Bama fans take the Saban bashing in stride now.

5. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

I hear ya but we can find other things to talk about than that. If I was a Moderator, I would delete every thread with that name in it.

1 person likes this.
  6. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

:rofl: :rofl: :hihi:

7. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

It's not really bashing, just pointing out the obvious to Bama fans. :lol:

Kidding. Sort of.

8. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I can see your point. I'm as guilty as anyone. I find the whole Bama/Saban thing interesting. A once prominent program made fun of nationally in recent years. Bama fans who are addicted to Bear Bryant football as UK fans are to Adoph Rupp basketball. You have a good coach in Nick Saban who jumps jobs for money, has made some big high profile mistakes with an ego that struggles with his own flaws. You package Alabama's current program together with spurned Saban's supporters and you have lots of Drama. I don't think I've ever known a coach on the national stage that continues to create such talk. You just know something else is gonna happen. Everything seemed fine until the Miami press fiasco. He reminds me a lot of Bill Clinton a smart man whose own actions sometime undermines self.

9. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Oh irony irony...

[​IMG]

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Not if you were TejasTiger, he started this one. :grin:

Though I'm kinda burnt out on Saban, I do like to hear what's going on at other SEC and Top-20 programs.........technically, they actually are LSU-related. In addition to the high quality character members from the LSU fan-base who comprise our forum, we also have many of the same from other fanbases as well-several who are also "Contributors" so it can be a positive thing. They go back and put out good PR on other forums too, and I've read it many times on another forum I frequent from some "Visitors" here, and it makes me proud of this forum, and all you coonazzes/jackazzes who make it up, everytime I see it.

It also interests me to hear the overall perception on issues that arise about our team, fans, program. I have no problem with truth, backed with facts either, as far as that goes- as long as it doesn't cross the line and obviously just to "Flame".

When I visit other forums and see things like "Corndogs, Barners, Condoms, etc. and idiotic slurs as such against ANY schools, it's a turn-off for me and shed's a certain light on a poster in that they probably post with emotions and not very objective or knowledgeable- though I've also seen it from posters who are subjective, overall, and may have a brief moment of raised intensity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.