Mike Gundy and Oklahoma State

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by fanatic, Jun 16, 2020.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

So apparently there has been player rebellion at OSU in regards to a t-shirt Mike Gundy was seen wearing. He was photographed wearing a One America News shirt. OAN is described as 'a far-right news network that is often cited by President Donald Trump.'

EakDpsKXYAI-9FX.png

I don't know much about it, but nowhere have I read that it's racist in any way. Maybe 'far right' means 'racist' these days, I don't know. Anyway, standout OSU RB Chuba Hubbard tweeted the following:
    Unless I'm missing something I haven't found while reading about this, apparently now, not only direct support of President Trump racist, but indirect support of him through wearing a 3rd party t-shirt is as well. This is beyond ridiculous. Dude can't even wear a t-shirt with non-offensive language without being excoriated. Thoughts?

2. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Just a guess: I doubt Gundy's relationship with certain players was great until the moment they saw this photo.

OAN is for crazy people and conspiracy theorists. Trump loves it, as he is both.

Good luck with way fewer black players, coach.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Overreaction? Maybe. He is a half ass coach at a half ass school. A mullet wearing redneck. Former players have now come out and said he would threaten to send them back to the projects if they did't play harder. What ever.

I don't see or have ever heard Coach O use that to try to motivate. Everything I have read, all the players are treated like sons to Coach O.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I can't argue with any of that. And I don't know enough about their program to comment on what former players are saying. My main point was how ridiculous the reaction to all of this is. Now, you can't even wear a t-shirt of a news organization that supports the president without uproar. Where does it end? But, if there are other things he's done to portray himself as a racist prior to this, then the t-shirt is just the tip of the iceberg.

Most likely..again, I don't know enough about OSU to comment, but seems logical.

From the little I've read, their opinion segment is definitely out there with polarizing and largely unsubstantiated stories, but their actual news content has received a little recognition for being pretty good.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Every coach has his methods. Gundy has accomplished a lot for being at a school in as undesireable place as it is. Kind of like what Mullen did at Moo U.

6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

The thought police are everywhere - always listening, always watching.

FIFY. .....i only very briefly occasionally watch either. CNN usually comes across as bonkers. OAN is definitely right leaning, but seems reasonable compared to CNN. But i wouldn't give a rats ass if i saw someone with either t-shirt on at Kroger. Not even someone wearing a OAN shirt and a CNN hat....well, i'd cock an eyebrow at that.

If he had a CNN hat would that neutralize the OAN shirt?

fanatic likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Anything even remotely right leaning is called far right wing by CNN/

furduknfish likes this.
  8. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I think of CNN as left and Fox as right.

I don't think of OAN as either. It's for insane people who believe in shit like Pizzagate.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

As you can imagine this has dominated the local news.

Freaking out over a shirt? Hell, I'm about as right as can be and I had to look up the OAN because I had no idea what it was. After a Google search I now know what it is but still don't know where to find it, nor do I care. I suspect Alex Jones is the lead anchor.

Apparently there have been players complaining about things said like "I'm gonna send you back to the hood"

I see that as motivation but then again I'm white.

They (Hubs and Gundy) have made nice and aside from the mob now owning Gundy all is well.

One more thing, if shit was SO bad at okie light, if it was such a racist environment, why did Hubbard decide to come back for his Sr. season?