Might be worth a listen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Oct 11, 2017.

1. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Pot meet kettle

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Alleva was plenty firable before he picked O.
    actually he never should have been hired here to begin with.

at Duke:
    Inherited Coach K, so he gets zero credit for Basketball there.
    The Lacrosse Scandal that everyone agrees was handled quite poorly
    Hired Carl Franks (football): 7-45 record before being fired
    Hired Ted Roof (football): 6-45 record before being fired
    Hired Bill Hillier (baseball): 121-214 record before being fired. and was fired for a steroid scandal where former players accussed him of pushing them to get on roids.
    Hired Sean McNally (baseball): 192-198 record before being fired
    Hired David Cutcliffe (football): best hire of his entire career, but record at Duke is only 56-63

so, prior to coming on at LSU, this guy had yet to hire anyone in the Big 3 sports to have a career record above .500
    and yeah its tough to win at Duke because of Academics. But schools like Vandy and Stanford figure out a way to not suck at everything.
    And there was two pretty big scandals in that athletic department under his watch.

so far at LSU:
    Hired Trent Johnson
    Hired Johnny Jones
    Had an introductory press conference to name the new softball coach. only that coach wasn't hired yet and decided to stay at Bama.
    The Miles Clause in assistant contracts that started hurting the ability to sign these guys
    The fiasco with the way the 2015 season ended
    Giving up on both Jimbo and Herman without actually trying
    Hired Ed Orgeron
    Giving Ed Orgeron a buyout that approximately $12mil more than was justified.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

both Johnson and Jones were hired by Alleva

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

if you couldn't figure out that she was talking about the 2 BBall coaches he hired that have already been fired for sucking, then yeah she's got you smoked in the Guru department.

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Thought so

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think Alleva recognizes his success directly correlates to O’s success. I don’t think he wants to coach football, I think he wants to do whatever he can to make it work. The clown show with Miles I think can be directly attributed to Alleva being overruled by FKing/Jindal. I started a Fire Alleva thread, so I understand the frustration, but if O works out and Wade works out and Mainieri executes at a high level, that’s a pretty strong trifecta. Those who might fire won’t act unless O just collapses, which I thought was possible following Troy, but the trajectory might have changed with the FU win.

As far as being a few tweaks from being a contender, I don’t think that’s certain at all.

LSUpride123 and Pjoe like this.
  7. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

That could be true @lsu-i-like but even if they pull out successful seasons I think we're playing with fire when it comes to Alleva. Both he and King are wrong for our school, they have already proven to be in over their head and they like to play politics, which has always hurt us in the past. It's time for Louisiana to move out of the good ole boy school of management and hire the best qualified!

I was in local government for 30 years and when we moved away from that type of business the people always faired better!

Maybe a little more than a few tweaks, but I'm sure you get my point.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I'm not great at reading women's minds.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

gee, and it's so easy for the rest of us.

10. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

100% Alleva. He wanted a puppet (he got one) and he was right, we didn't miss out due to money. We missed out due to coaches like Herman and Jimbo wanting no business working for a tool like Joe Alleva.

From what I understand the coaching community is close. You have to believe at the very least coaches agents contact previous coaches agents amongst others for insight as to what they're up against.

TigerTap likes this.