McKnight (from Curtis)... what's the word? Any interest in LSU?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by 2arms2legsTIGER, Nov 13, 2006.

1. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

I understand what you are saying, but with the current situation at RB he would stand to a get lot of PT at USC. Sure, they have Tyler coming in, McKnight could still play a lot like his idol Bush did while at USC. Carroll would also make use of a player with the skills of McKnight, giving him carries, putting him in at WR, as well as a return man. So he knows he will get his plays.

On the other hand if he were to play RB here at LSU he may not get many carries. Possibly 5-8, sharing time with Williams, Hester, Broussard, and Scott. Its obvious a true freshman was our best back at seasons end, yet he didnt get the carries he should have. A spilt back field a la USC is one thing, but 5 backs is too many to keep happy. He could play WR, thing is, how much will LSU look to throw with Russell leaning towards leaving. If he doesnt leave, there is a lot of young talented WRs to spead the ball around to. He would be the perfect return man, again, the fact that LSU put Jackson back there doesnt bode well. It was obvious from game one that he ISNT a return man. Holliday would have been perfect.

Just playing devils advocate here and stating what I think is the truth. For a big time player like McKnight its a lot to think about when you want at least the chance to play a lot and make an impact. Carroll and USC have a great history of playing freshman. Players will be attracted to come to USC because of that. Every year now they have the best recruiting class, but the top freshman still find the field.

2. Scoop43

Scoop43 Founding Member

I can tell from the lack of replies to this thread that many of you must have missed the short interview of JoeMac on Cold Pizza Tuesday morning (12/19).

When asked what he liked most about USC he alluded to movie stars.

When asked about playing for the Tigers, he said it would be great representing the state of Louisiana, his home with parents and relatives only 45 miles away, and his friends close enough to watch him play for :helmet: .

If you get a chance try and catch a clip of the i-view.

:geauxtige :lsup: LSU!

3. 2arms2legsTIGER

2arms2legsTIGER Founding Member

could you descern from his tone or his exact words which way he may be leaning? I'm sure this will sound dumb to some people but does LSU put on a football camp for HS students in the summer? I've noticed a lot of schools do and it seems to be a good way to get out of staters. You get them used to your area and used to being away from home. McKnight seems like maybe he's comfortable with moving so far away. In any case, I think over a projected 3 year career (assuming he didn't redshirt and was good enough to go pro) he might actually see the ball more at LSU than at USC. I'm hoping he's got some strong state pride and stays home to represent us on Saturdays.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

LSU has one. :thumb: The faculty at my school held some fundraisers to send our quarterback who is a very classy young man with a lot of talent. He's being raised by his mother and they are without a lot of the things many take for granted.

The teachers thought so much of him we wanted to enable him to attend.

Next year he's going to the Manning Passing Academy- I did several football pools to raise the money (Only in Louisiana huh? lol).

5. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Clearly if LSU looses two in-state 5-star players that would be a major setback for this year's recruiting program and would have serious implications on where the Tigers would be ranked come signing day. We need to bust our tails to keep them here.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I didn't see it but heard about it yesterday. I just hate to get too excited or too dissappointed until they ink their name........as long as they don't give a verbal to anyone else I like our chances.

I was glad Chad made his trip early cause I feel the more time between the visit and signing day the better for us........With McNight, I'm more concerned b/c Pete is treating him a little differently and will have JM on a visit by himself.......one on one, and closer to signing day. :mad:

7. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

My initial reaction when I read the above is that there is definitely hope that LSU can land McKnight. It seems like it's the glitz in LA that is attractive to him, whereas it is more family and friends here that will be the key factors here. I think national exposure and pro prospects are going to be similar for both schools . I wonder if he knows how many 5 star RB's he has to compete against at USuCk. It prob also hinges very much on how comfortable he is with Pete Carroll vs Miles, and other coaching staff.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The fact that USC lost that game to UCLA could have the biggest impact on Jones and McKnight and whether they would choose USC over LSU. I just think had USC won and was playing OSU for the championship, the media would be going nuts all over USC's jock, and that would have given them the extra impetus to win over some of these top recruits.

For that reason alone, I think they both come to LSU.

9. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Very good point. When USuCk had the horses, Petey could get them close to the finish line or win it. Now they have talent like everyone else, and they laid two eggs this year, losing to two unranked teams. That's a BIG NEGATIVE for Petey in my book. No way he should have lost either of those games. That's downright poor coaching and they should be calling for his hide (ok, I'm laying it on thick here :hihi: ).

The point is Les has done a better job this year, no doubt. You don't have to go to California to play for a top 5 team and to be well coached and have your family and friends be able to go see you play. You don't have to go away to be a first round pick in the NFL, ask Joe Addai or Michael Clayton. When you retire from the NFL if you played for LSU, you'll be a hero here forever.

10. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Or you could ask JaMarcus, Dorsey, Landry, or Bowe from this year :thumb: