LSU Student Planning to Burn American Flag in "Peaceful Protest"

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by CaseyLSU, May 11, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Did he get caught in the crossfire of a family argument?

I dated a girl once that had a three-legged chihuahua. His name was Tripod. :D

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

.38 with hollow points. and a 22.

a .357 is too much for me.

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

My wife shoots a s/w .38 special featherweight sub. She is an ok shot. My friends told me I was flippin nuts for giving her a pistol. My 45 stays in the gun safe. I absolutly love my .357. It's very loud and 3' of flames shoot out it's 2.5" barrel but it does one heck of a job on hogs we catch in the trap. I have all the faith in the world that it will do whatever job I ask it to do. I am a big fan of a revolver for a carry gun. No jamming. It will fire every time. My wife isn't afarid of her 38 at all. No kick and not too loud. Not loud compaired to my .357 mag.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

CCW

2 die in murder-suicide | News | 2theadvocate.com — Baton Rouge, LA

The "patron" is my uncle. Doing well and should be released from the hospital tomorrow. If he'd not been carrying I shudder to think who else may have been hurt.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I covered this story for my station. A horrible tragedy, and I'm very glad to hear that your uncle is doing well (Assumption Sheriff's Dept. hasnt' put that info out yet). He was very brave to do what he did.

Don't think there would have been any other casualties, though. This was a domestic issue, that French for some reason chose to bring into the restaurant. I don't think he intended to shoot anyone other than his ex, and maybe himself, which he ended up doing anyway.

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Well, context clues tell me that the victims lived in trailer parks:

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I like to think that but you never know what goes through the mind of a mad man. My uncle just reacted to someone he knew well getting hurt. He didn't take the time to try and figure out his mindset.

Could be camps...lots of people live in converted fishing camps. Consider it a piece of heaven.

8. mctiger

Not trying to demean or criticize what your uncle did in any way.

9. mctiger

As tomorrow, June 14, is Flag Day, thought I'd go back to this thread for a second. Here's what the US Code, Title 4, Chapter 1, section 8.j says about respect for the flag:

Now, I don't know how you look at that statement and interpret it to say, oh, but its OK to burn it.

United States Code: Title 4,8. Respect for flag | LII / Legal Information Institute

10. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

And you know what's even better? (Shane will appreciate this). The Army will go back to patrol caps. That's right, patrol caps. No longer will it require two hands to put on headgear. Finally, an Army CoS with common sense (until he becomes CJCS this fall).