LSU @ South Carolina @ LSU official game thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 10, 2015.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

They can? Have you been watching? Are you putting chicken shit on a brioche bun and asking us to try a nibble?

StaceyO and ParadiseiNC like this.
  2. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Yes they can and coaches around the country ask them to. Just because you are emotional about hating the ST coach does not mean that kickers are not asked to make directional kicks on every college team in the country. I am not defending the ST coach, he stinks. I am trying to clear up misconceptions about what kickers are asked to do. Apparently our kickers and coverage team are not successfully executing the kicks up to the standards of the coaching staff. That is why they keep switching kickers and pooch kicking.

Now who is to blame? Usually both the coaches and the players. Probably the coaches on this one since we have had great STs in recent past. But trying to say that they don't require the kickers to place the ball in a certain spot is just false.

LSUTiga and red55 like this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Not questioning that it happens in college football, just not in BR this year.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

No one is saying coaches don't require it, but NO kicker in the NCAA does it successfully all the time. Ours obviously cannot, but this coach is playing musical chairs with them. What happened to Delahoussaye? Gamble has a huge leg but asking him to directional kick is stupid. Just boot the fucker out of the end zone.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You weed out kickers BEFORE you sign 'em. No dam reason to have kicking troubles. Only need one and they never leave early.

6. tigermark

I would rather them kick it high and into the corner on the 1 yard line. I suspect that they look at the statistics of good and bad things that can happen on the KO and they decide that we are not going to cower in the corner like girlie men and kick it through the uprights. We are going to go screaming down there and cause a fumble or at least a big hit to get the emotions up. Might be time for LSU to be girlie men until they work out the kinks.

Why are we pooch punting instead of hammering it out of the end zone? I have no idea. Makes no sense. I agree that after the return for a TD, they should have a green light to put that thing into a tuba in the band section and spread the coverage team out (instead of bunching on the left). No reason to have a pooch kick.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The skykick is high risk low reward when you can't kick cover. Boot the damn thing out of the end zone.

lsu-i-like and TwistedTiger like this.
  8. tigermark

At this point. Yep.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I haven't read every post in this thread, so it's most likely already been discussed, but was Harris' TD to Dural intended for Dural or Smith and Dural just happened to be in the right place? It seems like it was intended for Dural, given how wide open he was and high Smith had to sky just to tip it, but I guess we'll never know. Of course Harris will say it was Dural all the way (and so would I) :D

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This could turn into a great debate. Wonder if Les will tell us what the play was?