Let me be clear - Steve Scalise is an asshole

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, May 3, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Thought it was more of a i just don't give a fuck about anyone else but myself type thing.

CajunlostinCali likes this.
  2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The vitriol that is being spewed in our nation since the election in November is egging on crazy people. Steve Scalise has been a conservative since his days as Speaker of the House of SGA at LSU, but I hardly think that merits his being shot for being a Republican. We, as Americans, need to check ourselves.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@StaceyO Remember when the 1st Amendment mantra was,"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it?" Now its,"Agree with me or eat shit and die!"

LSUTiga likes this.
  4. StaceyO

Exactly, and it's not the Republicans saying that. Our freedom of speech (and thought) is under attack by Democrats. And liberals can argue that all that they want, but just look at the ridiculous stories that come out of universities with "safe spaces" and the like, all the while Madonna and Kathy Griffin and other overrated celebrities suggest we kill our President, who they say is "not their President."

I disliked Obama for the entirety of his 8 years in office, but he was the President. He started a hateful rhetoric in America, practically making villains out of police officers starting with that ludicrous beer summit in '09 and culminating in the summer of terror for police officers last year.

Which side is peaceful and which is violent?

Winston1 and mctiger like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I like you but dont go lumping me in with WE. The left are the violent protesters, black lives matter crowd along with the Kathy Grffin, Snoopdog and the Central Park Play groups who depict the assination of Trump. Its the violent left and democrats not WE.

6. StaceyO

I agree with that. Fair enough.

7. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Richmond most of the time, Virginia Beach some of the time, and I've never had a government job or contract in my life.

8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Refer to the opening post of this thread and then tell me how big Scalise is on compassion. Scalise is OK and will get stellar care because he has stellar medical insurance, courtesy of our government. Of course he shouldn't have been shot, but that asshole wants to return to pre-ACA days when 45,000 Americans were dying every year because of lack of medical care.... so stuff your talk about compassion, OK?

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You're describing yourself as a Libertarian more than a Republican.

10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

You're full of shit.