Les Miles and his COWARDLY actions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Nov 21, 2009.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

nice. 'preciate it

2. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Yep.

I don't think Les is throwing anyone under the bus.

Les said with 9 seconds left from where they were on the field, they called for the Hail Mary pass. I think Les thought JJ would throw it into the endzone, and we'd score or lose on that play. There was no plan to catch it in bounds and not be in the endzone because in the unlikely event that happened, there would not be adequate time to line up and run another play. So the play was planned to go into the endzone and win or lose the game on that last pass play with 9 sec.

3. SabanSux

SabanSux Veteran Member

Yeah, that's what I do. You can nit-pick the last second, but that's just silly. The game lasted 60 minutes. I was more disappointed about how we lost 28 yard once we got it to the 30 yards line than I was about not having our FG unit ready to get out there after that miracle catch that nobody thought would happen (which probably explains why the FG unit wasn't read to roll).

4. SabanSux

SabanSux Veteran Member

Me neither.

5. Bayouuu

Bayouuu Freshman

Well we were in fg position before the drop back passes were called, that is inexcusable im afraid.

6. SabanSux

SabanSux Veteran Member

Exactly. Even Gary was saying LSU had two options: a Hail Mary or a Boise-State type-play to set up a FG. Obviously we went for the Hail Mary pass into the endzone and that is why we didn't have our FG unit ready to roll when we caught it short of the endzone with 1 second left. But sure, if Les and company were perfect, he'd have had the FG team ready to roll anyway. But Les and company are not perfect. Nobody is perfect, not even LSU or you or I or any of us.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mr. B

Mr. B Founding Member

Don't you think instead of recruits what coach would want to come to LSU except for the money when they know LSU fans are ready to throw them out the door at the first sign of distress. Its been said many times through the years LSU fans are some of the most passionate fans but also some of the fastest to turn on you.

He screwed the pooch ok so see how it unfolds as it was a very chaotic evening. He may yet come clean and realize he had foot in mouth.

Man Tricky Nicky won a NC and when they lost that bowl game in the last seconds people were calling for his bags to be packed as well.

Hell Miles knew this coming in and decided to stay when he could have gone to Michigan. He's won a butt load of ball games so give him a little slack and see if he rights the ship, if not then ok.

8. SabanSux

SabanSux Veteran Member

Does this forum have mods? Can we change the OP's title from "Les Miles the COWARD" to something less insane?

9. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

I am offically doubling the size of those who belong in the group of the voice of reason...

Texas Tiger
    Stacey-O
    Saban Sux
    Houtiger

Hopefully the booze are starting to wear off on many of the posters will come off of th ledge.

:geauxtige:geauxtige
    :geauxtige:geauxtige

2 people like this.
  10. SabanSux

SabanSux Veteran Member

Yeah, we have some seriously mentally disturbed fans. But I imagine that is every fan base, especially after a loss. I browse forums of a lot of teams and they all go insane with hate for their own teams whenever they lose (including USC, Oklahoma, Ohio State, etc). Losing is not fun and some people handle it better than others.

But yeah, I'm happy with Les and I'm still not getting where the OP is coming from with the hate other than the pain of losing. And yeah, losing is not fun :bncry: But there are a lot worse things you could be dealing with right now. It's not the end of the world.