Last year must really have taken a toll on O

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Nov 19, 2021.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

https://twitter.com/Julie_Boudwin/status/1461493099587424265?s=20

O basically admitted they were playing the same defense all year up until Bama. Although we kind of knew that. Hamstringing Daronte the whole time. Makes me wonder whether the offense’s performance is a result of Peetz or O limiting him to the 2019 playbook.

Perple likes this.
  2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Unbelievable, he had to find out from LK that his defense was predictable! Is he the HC or a fan observer?

Robidoux87 and Winston1 like this.
  3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

…. just when you thought it couldn’t possibly be more fun….

4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Why punish yourselves continuing to rehash what we all knew. After the ship he put everything on cruise control so he could spend more time in hot tub. If you had seen the chica, you'd understand.

Screenshot_20211119-081043_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    tzanghi and shane0911 like this.
  5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I've seen the chica and I get what your saying. And I could understand that thinking when I was a 25 yr old (pre-married). But even then I knew that more success = more chica's. But I'm sure17.5MM attracts more chicas than a 60 yr old can handle.
    What continues to really surprise me is the lack of filter and how he doesn't seem to get how bad its making him look when he says shit like that. He's giving plenty of ammo to the critics that say he just got lucky, and he wasn't a very good coach.

rockwallfan likes this.
  6. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

In all seriousness, I think he overreacted to no one knowing what to do on defense last year. This year he was dead set on not complicating the defense so that he didn’t get the same debacle as last year when no one knew their assignments. That’s my best guess. I think O really lost sight of what actually made him a winner. He picked excellent coordinators and let them work. He hasn’t really done that since 2019.

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

In reality he didn't pick the coordinators in 2019. Aranda was already here and so was Ensminger, who I don't think gets enough credit for 2019. I seem to remember Ensminger first spotted Brady and told O about him. But I could be wrong.

For the most part picking coordinators has been O's biggest failure

Winston1 and rockwallfan like this.
  8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Naw, it was two boosters, remember....

tzanghi likes this.
  9. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

I agree. Great head coaches are almost always great CEOs. Part of that is having an area of expertise in game day planning. In my eyes, at least, Oeaux’s biggest strengths are being a great recruiter and lover of everything cajun...which includes “bon ton roulette”, which he seems to have fully embraced after the natty. .

kluke likes this.
  10. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Ha! "Since I just beat you, and you're leaving anyway, here's how to coach football."

kluke likes this.