LaFell ranked 3rd

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by footballfan302, Nov 12, 2008.

1. footballfan302

footballfan302 Freshman

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Looking at that list, Lafell could easily project to a first round pick.

I hope not. Being selfish, of course.

3. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

LaFell has first round talent, but Im surprised he is rated that high. He is very inconsistent and good for a big drop or two every game. Had he kept us his early season pace, Id say yeah. The talent is there though.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think it's just that he is so polished right now with downfield blocking, route running, etc. He has good height and jumping ability and has shown tremendous hands at times. He has great strength for his size. He just has to get over dropping the easy ones. He will.

He is a prototypical NFL wideout.

5. bayou_bandit74

I certainly agree. Like I said the talent is there. One thing about LSU WRs, they are always good, physcial blockers. LaFell is in that mold. He has the ability to catch the short pass and take it to the house or beat you deep.

Im surprised Harvin wasnt listed.

6. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

It would not surprise me one bit if Harvin never really catches on in the NFL.

He should with his athletic ability, but he is a bit too gimmicky and that stuff just does't work in the big League.

7. bayou_bandit74

Harvin is a much better player than Ginn and he is starting to catch on. Harvin is in the same mold as Maclin and they have him ranked high. The only thing with Harvin is he is very injury prone. His body is frail for the rigors of the NFL.

8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

If lafell leaves after this year he is a moron... that or he knows that he will never get better as a "catcher"...

9. Andouille

Andouille Guest

The players will consult with those in the "know". If they project in the 1st round they're usually gone.

The question is what does the WR draft look like the following year? If it's deep LaFell may just go this year even though he would probably improve some by coming back.

I wouldn't draft LeFell with anything more than a high 2nd or early 3rd round pick. His hands leave a lot to be desired.

10. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I was thinking the same thing. Usually, I would want the Saints to draft LSU players, but in LaFell's case, he really hasn't shown much receiving-wise that would want me to see him in black and gold. I hope he sticks around another year and works on his hands like Bowe did.