Lack of Talent is a myth

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Give it up he refuses to acknowledge this, these are visible obvious facts about our offense. He doesn't like E and will never admit E has been dealt a hand that has many shortcomings.

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well coach Life what magical plays would you suggest E run? Perhaps the secret quadruple double flip back jet sweep pass? Give us your insight into your wonderful gameplan.

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. At no point did he fanatically defend E as you have.

GiantDuckFan and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

That’s just not true. @LSU4Life has been very supportive. He’s had his appropriate criticisms, but has been balanced and reasonably objective. Heck, he just drove his family across the country to attend the Bama game. That’s real support. He’s allowed to share his viewpoints and frustrations. This is a message board after all. I was just trying to counter the growing swell of the week, and used his post to respond.

There are some posters here who are just waiting for Oeaux (and E) to fail, the ones who’ve been clamoring he’s in over his head from day 1, but they lay low until an opportunity arises like this week. LSU4life is not one of them. It’ll take about 3 seasons of consistent winning and growing the program before those other folks actually come around fully. Because I’m an LSU fan first, I’m hoping Oeaux succeeds. If not, we’ll move on, but in the interim I’m here to support, and others like LSU4, @Bengal B , @lsu-i-like, and @LSUpride123 are other examples of very supportive posters who’ve had some criticisms, too, but are overall supportive.

This is where you need to be careful to call people out and chastise. Disagree and counter argue, but try not to rise to blaming/pigeon holing unless it’s really deserved.

5. furduknfish

I feel left out.... :(

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

You’re overstating the shortcomings. If we finish the season ranked 100+ and heaven forbid with another loss, you’d still have zero criticism of E.

Lack of offense is why Miles was fired. E has only had a year because O had a one year experiment with a renowned OC (who improved the stats but couldn’t get along with O). That might not be E’s fault, but it is O’s.

In one year Canada made huge improvements, E has been on staff and was interim, so like O he isn’t starting from scratch. And he’s gone backwards. Every OC at the bottom of the rankings has extenuating circumstances, but so do OC’s near the top of the rankings.

E and O deserve criticism for the offense.

More WRs to spread the D, more misdirection, less max protect, keep trying things to get your raw talent in position to move the chains and keep the D rested. I’m sure E is trying, but to date the success is very limited. Hope that changes with the weaker competition we have coming up.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

And then?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. furduknfish

Making it weird.

TerryP likes this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

We already do all that, WATCH THE GAME REPLAYS! Re watch the Bama game we ran 4 and 5 recievers sets a lot, we did misdirestion, we tried screens, we threw to the rb's, we tried less max protection and almost got Jeaux killed, we threw to the TE's, we ran the ball and even ran Jeaux which I thinnk was a mistake cant afford to get him hurt to finish out the year.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Sorry, hard to remember everyone