Kayak redfishin'!!

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by Fishhead, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

a phone call would have been nice.
    the overpass at the begining of Dularge Rd. is only 15 minutes from my house.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Now you tell me.

My cousin, who unfortunately lives in New Mexico, was my benefactor. Without him, I'm stuck with my 16' Bass boat and freshwater chunkin' which, since Gustav, totally sucks around here.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

to make matters worse, if you came in on 311, you passed at the front of the street where I work. You could have swung in, and picked me up, going less than 30 seconds out of your way.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I don't remember the highway. We exited 90 and went south all the way to McDonald's, turned right by the Civic Center, I believe, went by a golf course and crossed the bridge.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

yep that's Hwy. 311
    if you remember seeing a rundown waterpark, our office is down the street just north of that.

6. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

A canoe with a trolling motor. Can't get much more coon a$$ than that. :hihi:

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

This canoe has a flat stern and transom...rated for a 3 HP motor. Now, a PIROGUE with a trolling motor is coonass. (I have one of those too...:redface:)

8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I thought about ordering one of those pirogue kits that you can order. I'm not much into wood working but how hard can it be?

Have any of you made a pirogue? Do you think this is legit?

Cajun Pirogue Wooden Boat Kit

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I went through the plans. They seem good to me. Nothing is ever going to be as easy as the ad says, but it should be well within the average guy's capabilities. Spend some time reading and looking at all of the pics that are posted.

Edit: It would make it heavier, but I would probably fiberglass the whole thing.

10. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I really want to buy a kayak for fishing. I have to wait a while since I just made a big deal to my wife that we can't be buying anything until we pay off our debts. But I am putting away a few bucks a week and hopefully whenever I can pay cash for one I will get one. I will keep my eyes open for a used one.

I want one of the Hobies with the pedal drive. That way you have both hands available to fish without switching from paddle to rod. And you pedal to stay in place while fishing. Anybody ever try one of these?