Jordan Jefferson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 10, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Reporter on 1210 just said Jefferson was on crutches today with a low ankle sprain. Can anyone confirm this, i can't find anything.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Right after the game JJ said he did not have a high ankle sprain according to TigerSportsDigest. So it matchs up and that is good news.

3. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

May just be precautionary and lets us know that at least Les was honest in saying Lee would get the majority of the 1st team snaps yesterday and today.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Les said that Jefferson would be playing by Wednesday. But Les is Les. He's not going to be giving away any information. But I doubt he would risk Jefferson for the rest of the season by playing him if he wasn't 100%. Lee and Shepard could use some PT versus our last OOC opponent. We need everybody healthy for Ole Miss and Arkansas.

Jefferson on crutches on Tuesday doesn't sound too good.

5. LaSalleAve

Ok, reporter's name is Michael Cobble (spelling?) from one of the channels in Baton Rouge, also said Dixon and Eugene both walking around the facilities with limps.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Both were hurt in the game (which is why we had a safety on Jones). Les is being cagey about their status.

It's a great week for La Tech to come along. We are pretty beat up to face a division rival right now.

7. LaSalleAve

you know that was my main question, where was Eugene on Jones, but he was injured. Claiborne played alot also, why not put him on Jones with a safety over the top, hindsight right.

8. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I heard from an LSU trainer on Monday that JJ won't be making an appearance Sat. and alot of others also. I was also informed that this might not be a gimme game..

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

This isnt a gimme game, Tech gave Boise all they can handle and it is a safe bet that our team will come out a bit flat after the disappointing and grind of the Bama game.

So if I was a gambling man, La Tech and the points in the first half might be a smart play.

As Corso says "This will be closer than the experts think"

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Crutches for ankle sprains isn't all that uncommon. Just a way to keep weight off of it to allow for less complications during the healing process.

However, I could see Les resting JJ as much as possible this week and get Lee much needed reps but I still worry about Lee potentially playing the entire La Tech game.