Join BatonRougeTeaParty.net

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Mar 23, 2009.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's disturbing to everybody, but it's the US budget, we have to have one, and it has been running deficits ever since the Clinton Administration. I'm not yet sure where the balance point is between deficit spending and allowing the recession to turn into a depression. I'm not sure anyone does. I think taxes will have to go up on everybody at some point, politically unpopular or not. We can't go on borrowing forever, the Chinese are already balking at buying more treasury notes because the think inflation brought on by debt will make their investment worth less.

What do you offer as an alternative? Doing nothing is certainly not going to save us, so I'm willing to give Obama a chance to try to fix things. It may not work, but it's too soon to pronounce it a failure. At least the money is being spent rebuilding the American economy, not Iraq's.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

How about stop spending? That's an alternative. And before someone jumps in and points out that Bush spent like a spoiled little college kid, know that I fully agree with that. He screwed us six ways from Sunday and has certainly contributed to this mess.

I understand we have to spend to avoid a depression but this is not a ten year spending binge. It should be 18 months then taper significantly. All we should be doing is avoiding a depression, not avoiding a deep recession. That has already been screwed up with the stimulus/democrat pet project bill of 2009. Cut programs, cut departments, cut spending and live within your means.

That's the alternative to Obama's embarrassing budget.

3. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Not rain on your parade, but if I remeber history correctly, The Republicans of that era were the liberal party, I don't recall if the Democratic party even existed yet.

So while it may have been a Republican who freed the slaves, he was certainly not a conservative in his day.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Im pretty sure he missed that point.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

!00% agree, Its too bad the Obama supporters don't understand that it isn't all or nothing IMHO!

Excuse me but I would like for you to explain to me how similar the liberal party of today compared to the liberal party of Lincoln's day.
    I will remind you that Lincoln was a republican also.
    Lets see, was he for abortion, gun control, taxing the American people, big government, lobbyists, corruption, eminent domain, global warming?
    What else am I missing here?

I appreciate your concern here so now you can also tell me how similar Lincoln was to the liberals of today.
    I'm glad you got to see my post btw.
    I'm sure they are all the same!:)
    I'm all ears so educate me!:grin:

6. LSUMASTERMIND

Never said Lincoln was to the liberals of today or your idea of liberals so its useless to respond that question. I think he was referring to the freeing of the slaves, which you brought up in the first place, but then you change the subject that you brought up when he responded to you.

Good job.

How can someone be for global warming?

7. Sourdoughman

Sorry, that doesn't make any sense?:huh:
    What is the point behind this?:huh:

NO, he changed the subject, he brought up liberal not I!:confused:
    Damn, I was hoping you guys would educate me.
    I don't see any point in bringing up that Lincoln was a liberal?
    What the hell did that have to do with anything?:confused:
    Maybe someone can explain to me what you guys were trying to say in your comments to him about me?
    As far as I know Lincoln was a republican?

8. LSUMASTERMIND

:cool: ahh nevermind im going to lunch:thumb:

you want to talk about someone not making sense. lol

The Point is that the republican party of today was different than Lincolns republican party.

9. Sourdoughman

Obviously everything changes over time, I still don't understand what that had to do with my original point.
    That's what I don't understand.
    So are the democrat party different than it was in the Sixties.

Ok, I get it, you guys didn't think i was smart enough to understand that the party of Lincoln was different than the party of today.
    That is why you said you were pretty sure that I missed that point.
    We are having intelligent conversation now!

I guess this was because I pointed out Robert Byrd, democrat was a member of the kkk but he keeps being voted into office and no one cares.
    All people do is blame republicans for everything and give democrats a pass.
    I want to apologize for screwing up this thread!:redface:

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I will be joining this tea party on the 15th..