Join BatonRougeTeaParty.net

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Mar 23, 2009.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

This is interesting to me. How does the Republican party demean blacks? In terms of how the two parties reach out to the various races I see very little difference, but I know that many if not most black people feel the way you do.

I would like to understand why.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

what needs to happen, is the american people need to rise up, and get rid of both parties. until we get people in office that represent the people and not themselves this will continue to happen, and democrats and republicans alike are responsible for that. There is no lesser of 2 evils, they are all evil. Republicans are GUILTY, and democrats are GUILTY.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

This is just my opinions and this is pertaning to all minorities, blacks, hispanics, etc.
    It stems from the 1964 Civil Rights Act, when Johnson signed it, I think he was quoted as saying, "The Democratic Party, just lost the south for a generation" After that, the South started to vote increasingly for the Republican party in protest of the Democratic party support for the Bill. Whats funny is 3 notable senators voted against it, where Al Gore Sr. of TN, Robert Byrd of WV, and J. Fulbright of AR. Thats just a little history of why alot of black people feel like the GOP party turned against them. Because alot of southern democrats moved to the GOP party in opposition to the passage this legislation. The legislation had flaws, but perception is reality.

-Then you have things like the Willie Horton ad during the 1988 presidential race. That was ran against Dukakis. "The Suburban Mothers greatest fear":dis:

- Also here are some quotes by Rush Limbaugh, the annointed voice of the conservative movement.

- I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

- You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.

-Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?

-Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.

-They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?

-Take that bone out of your nose and call me back(to an African American female caller).

If hes the leader of the conservative movement, I dont want to be part of that party.

Also, Helms an elected official. During his 1996 campaign, Helms was admonished by the US Justice department for civil rights violations for after it mailed 125,000 fliers to heavily African-American precincts warning that voters risked imprisonment if they cast ballots.
    Thats just one example of Helms, there are many more.
    But as a minority why would I want to be apart of a party that promotes elected officials like Helms.

It has nothing to do with social programs for me as an individual via my association with the democratic party or just as an independent thinker. I've never been on any assistance from the govt or social programs like Wic, food stamps, or low income housing. That stuff doesnt matter to me and I think more should be done to reform those programs, because essential its my tax dollars as well that part of the funding of those programs. Its about inclusion and that imo is not inclusion. Both parties are guilty of misleading people of all kind.

Thats my opinion on the matter, I hope that helps you understand a little.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

You are dead wrong!
    Who the hell are they going to back, Liberals?
    Last I checked there are 2 main parties in this country.
    Republicans are clearly the better alternative to Democrats for conservatives.
    I wish there was a third party, personally.

Btw two many poor people have taken the word of dems and liberals also.
    The war on poverty has been going on for 60 years or something like that.
    The dems keep saying they are going to help them and have done very little to nothing, broken promises time and time again.

Face it, both parties make broken promises and lie from time to time.
    Remember how you fixed my post for me the other day?
    I think you need to take your own advice and not pretend one side is better than the other!:thumb:

Btw A Republican freed the slaves not a democrat just sayin!
    Robert Byrd, democrat was a member and still might be, of the kkk!

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

My reading comprehension must be off today because I don't understand this. Johnson, a democrat, signed a bill that was voted no by three prominent, senators (one of which was a member/former member of the KKK by the way) and then southern african americans went to the GOP and that's why they are now against the GOP?

Obviously I missed a step somewhere.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

southern democrats changed parties to protest the democratic president signing the civil rights act. Your comprehension is off. I never said southern African Americans went to the GOP. Most minorities werent apart of a party at that point.

7. mobius481

okay, I knew I missed it somewhere. thanks

8. LSUMASTERMIND

I think you are suffering from, what I usually suffer from. What the hell I am I talking about syndrome. It happens to me alot.:hihi:

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Thanks for letting us know that Obama, Pelosi, Reid and Frank aren't liberal they are all progressives instead.
    Btw, A liberal is a liberal is a liberal no matter how they may try and change the name.
    They are still the party of big government, higher taxes, labor unions which brainwash our children at the tax payers expense.
    They are also the ones that take away individual freedom through various means such as gun bans in NO after or during Katrina, Washington DC, etc.
    They have also ignored the court ruling in DC in recent years.

10. mobius481

At least that time I knew I was way off on something. It's a lot worse when I make an ass of myself.:lol: