John Robinson hired by LSU as special consultant to Coach Oeaux

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by uscvball, Jul 1, 2019.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Maybe this place reminds him of what the West Coast was like 50yrs ago.... minus the heat and mosquitoes.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

In the interview I listened to they said they were moving to Baton Rouge.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Of course he is....getting out of crazy town to a place that understands and respects great football and what he’s contributed. It’s a no brainer.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

LA is crazy town for sure, but let's not suggest that it doesn't understand or respect great football or that USC alums don't respect JRob. Swann is a clueless asshole. He's a party of one in this latest job decision. Right now, people out here want him gone like syphilis.

Winston1 and Brian like this.
  5. Brian

Brian Founding Member

What's your take on Swann, vball? There was such excitement and hope before Haden but we know that turned out rough. Same with Swann.. is it above them and trickling down or are these legendary alums just not savvy to running the athletic side in a way that's commensurate with SC's stature?

I feel for Trojans fans. They've been mired in a situation that we're all too familiar with regarding Alleva/F King.

Btw, I have yet to encounter any SC fans who don't root for LSU these days given O and their love for him. Add in BKU and Robinson on staff as well.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I like Swann. It was fun to watch him catch passes from Terry Bradshaw.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

My take is that he was hired by Nikias to essentially kill football at USC. Nikias wanted to build a University that was top 10 and really didn't want nor care for athletic success. Mike Garrett, Pat Haden and Lynn Swann are mirror images. 3 legacy athletes and with the exception of Garrett falling into the CPC hire, it’s been one disaster after another. If Garrett looks good in retrospect, it’s because Haden and Swann have been so bad. Sort of how Sardrunkian and Helton got Lane to look less awful by comparison. We are now in a decade long slump of incompetence, corruption, nepotism, egoism and failure. We need a professional administrator now.

They are not savvy and they had no experience whatsoever in people management or the hiring process. Haden did what Max and believe it or not, PC told him to. Plus there's that little part about how he and his family used a USC fund to pay themselves for work that wasn't done. There are 2 things I'd like the new President to do....permanently remove Nikias from campus (not likely), and fire Swann. She didn't arrive soon enough to fire Helton so we'll have to see if he spends another season wasting good talent.

Brian likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Like everything else in Cal the liberals are killing football along with that beautiful state. Companies, the jobs they produce and the decent people who work them are headed to Texas, Colorado and now my unique state of Louisiana. RIP California

Their loss is our gain

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There should have plenty of room at the Hotel California.

10. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

you said much the same thing about Oregon,.. you make stuff up like a propagandist, you don't know or care if it's true or not, you just spout the shit.

https://thebull1017.iheart.com/feat...3-the-states-where-most-people-are-moving-to/

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    COTiger, kcal and Brian like this.