Joe Brady is unfortunately one and done at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 14, 2020.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

This is my biggest concern, the fine details, the drills, the expectations, whether it’s the QB or receivers. Also, play installation like hitting the backs out of the backfield, involving the TEs, etc. I appreciate people’s optimism, trust in E and O, but this guy (JB) will be missed. We’ll go from being a juggernaut to being plain ol good. It’ll still be better than anything Les did, but not elite like this past year. 2019-20 was the right mix of coaching, QB, WR play that is unlikely to ever be duplicated again. We were blessed to witness it and experience a Heisman and Natty out of it, but I’m disappointed it’s just for that one season.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Brian, lsu-i-like, Hou-duco and 2 others like this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I get it, but lets be honest, we were never going to see the same results achieved this season no matter what. This season was once in a lifetime, if that. Now, that's not to say we won't be in the mix for another championship at some point, but it's unlikely the stars will align like they did for the 2019/20 team.

Brian likes this.
  3. N.C.Tiger

N.C.Tiger We push snow in Style

Joes leaving , but he’s going NFL so that won’t hurt us. I remember a certain coach leaving for Miami and how did that work out ..... Joe is a great addition to our team and will be missed , sorry to see him go

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

There is another Joe out there, maybe Sean Payton has another guy in mind, Coach O will find the next guru if they need one. Coach Ensminger though is really familiar with this system now. They have only ran it for a full season. Maybe he can do it by himself?

tzanghi likes this.
  5. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Before LSU .... I’d say most people didn’t know who Joe Brady was ..... if he had stayed at the Saints, he would still be an unknown assistant.

LSU was a career move ... the past magical season has elevated his stock such that everyone knows who he is. No surprise, he gone.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

The coaches and players know everything Joe Brady brought after a season. It is up to the coaches and players both to go with the culture that has been created, to put in the time that made this team what they were this year. If they wanna put in the time and the effort it is there. I believe its ultimately up to the players to set the example and pass it on from here.

7. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

When you come in and and basically eviscerate every defensive scheme from every top level football team in the country, people will take notice. Whether it's a smart move to go to Carolina or not is yet to be determined. But you cant fault him for taking the offer. I mean damn he went from nobody to the einstein of offense in one year. We will take a hit, no doubt but wow did I enjoy this year and for that I thank him for his time here.

ROY_LA_CA, didit, Brian and 5 others like this.
  8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

So the first thing I thought when I saw this was that Carolina was maybe putting together a move to get that 1st draft pick. They have the 7th overall draft pick.

Brian, lsu-i-like and ParadiseiNC like this.
  9. BP

BP Founding Member

Kiki, this is a business. If Brady had failed miserably, and LSU went 2-12 for the year, O would have rightfully fired him. We paid him a year's wages, and he gave us a year's labor. We didn't do him a favor hiring him. Hiring you or me as passing game co-ordinator would be doing us a favor. O made a good coaching decision and hired a man that he thought would help upgrade the offensive performance of the team, which Brady did.
    I like having E as our OC, but there is no doubt that the offense is considerably ahead of where it would be if Brady had not been here.
    I think we sincerely thank Brady for his year of work, enjoy our success, and wish him well in the future.

Brian, kcal, Winston1 and 5 others like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And LSU would have finished 2nd or 3rd in the SECW.

Brian, 65Grad and ParadiseiNC like this.