Jason Whitlock takes a general shot at LSU's NFL players

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerStagg, Oct 8, 2009.

1. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

The truth is sexy ... and so are NFL Truths - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

5. In my effort to figure out why Off-The-Marcus Russell is the worst NFL quarterback in history, I discovered that he is part of a pattern of underachieving first-round draft picks from LSU.

Fat, lazy and unmotivated might be an LSU character trait.

In the past decade, nine Tigers have been tabbed in the first round of the draft -- defensive end Tyson Jackson, defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, quarterback Off-The-Marcus Russell, safety LaRon Landry, receiver Dwayne Bowe, receiver Craig Davis, running back Joseph Addai, defensive end Marcus Spears and receiver Michael Clayton.

Landry has been a good player for the Redskins, starting since he was a rookie. Injuries have ruined Davis' three-year stint in San Diego. And Addai had a nice start to his career in Indianapolis, but he's faded. Clayton and Spears are busts. Dorsey is on his way to bust status in Kansas City. Bowe is in Todd Haley's doghouse in KC and has had problems holding onto the ball throughout his career. You know how bad Russell is. And Jackson's early KC reviews are not good. Chiefs management is going out of its way to lower expectations for Jackson.

You never know how a kid is going to react to being made an instant millionaire. Think twice before wasting your millions on an LSU product.

Damn, i usually like this guy. but he's way off base here. Addai is still a stud, he was hurt last year. Bowe's a stud. Landry's a stud. Spears is a 5 year starter. not every first rounder is an nfl superstar. probably like only 50% ever end up being starters for any real length of time. couldn't he make these same generalizations about USC, Miami, etc. the bit about fat & lazy being an LSU trait is unjustifiable. boo this man.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Boo....
    Spear is a bust ? Really ? I live in Dallas I dont think so.
    What about Brady James..
    Guys a loser.

3. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

Man, that article really surprises me. Jason Whitlok is usually a solid source. I gotta agree with him about Jamarcus. From all reports, Jamarcus is a lazy, fat, and hard-headed. I loved him at LSU, but he's not gonna make it in the NFL unless he changes his priorities.

Someone must of pissed off Jason for him to write this crap. Most of his descriptions of LSU players are JUST WRONG. By the way, Jason is a pretty ROTUND individual himself. Of course he's not playing anymore. It's gonna be hard to take him seriously from here on.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Bradie wasn't drafted in the first round. Dwayne Bowe who cares who's doghouse he is in, everyone knows Todd Haley is a dick to his wide receivers, he was a dick in Dallas, and he was a dick in Arizona. Dorsey a bust? Wow, a little pre mature huh? Tyson Jackson on his way? Those 3 guys play for Kansas City, kind of hard to succeed with a crap organization. Same goes for Russell, although most of his unproductive ways like solely on him. Craig Davis injured. Marcus Spears, not a 3-4 guy. Landry has been solid, Clayton is also in a crap organization. Joe Addai, hmm lets see, could have very well been a Super Bowl MVP, has put up good numbers this year, not great, good. Where did the guy that wrote this go to school? Tulane?

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Whitlock's fat ass went to Ball State, my bad. In high school he blocked for Jeff George, speaking of NFL busts. This is a guy who couldn't make it to the NFL, so he likes to dog anyone he can.

6. KajunKenny

KajunKenny Founding Member

Welcome to the internet... before the internet a select few got to make idiot comments in our sunday papers.. now any internet with a blog can write some assinine comments...

7. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

Here is the nice letter I just sent to Mr. Jason.

"You wanna know who are real NFL busts?

Heisman winners Reggie Bush AND Matt Leinart from USC.

Hesiman winner Vince Young from Texas.

Let's see, you already want to claim Tyson Jackson is on his way to becoming another LSU bust.. but we all know their #1 pick in 2009 Heyword-Bey, who is guaranteed $23.5 million, is the worst draft decision of the decade. I mean come on, you fault JaMarcus for not turning around that crap they call an "organization"? Their coach wishes he was Brock Lesnar and their owner wears diapers. Geez, give me a break.

Hmm.. Marcus Spears is starting for the Cowboys I believe. Their problem isn't on the defensive side of the ball, it's their cupcake of a quarterback Tony 'Homo" Romo. The guy has one good game and they continue to stick with him. Spears is fine, and another LSU stud starts at linebacker. for Dallas. goes by the name of Bradie James.

In three seasons, Dwayne Bowe has over 2,000 yards and 14 TD's with probably the worst quarterback depth chart I've ever seen. Can't call him a bust when he has those numbers with the NFL's worst quarterbacks. Trade JaMarcus to Kansas City and I bet KC is a playoff team within a year.

Do some research before you attempt to diss one of college footballs top programs of the decade.

Oh and another bust... Your article."

3 people like this.
  8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I haven't figured out this guy's agenda.

Really really odd for him to go after LSU like that.

9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

True, Jamarcus is no Matt Leinart.

10. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

What do you expect from a guy who gets FIRED from ESPN for talking about his fellow co-workers, Lupica and Robert Jackson!